$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I think the worst case scenario is that this "sale talk" is just a smokescreen to appease pissed off supporters, and that he'll continue to use it as a convenient cop out. "It's not my fault nobody wants to buy us..."

And meanwhile Lambert and Faulkner stay on and do as they're told.

God I hope I'm so wrong.

I still think a deal is being worked on.

It is not as far along as people hoped (people were hoping the announcement last week was going to revel club had been sold) but the interested buyer's identity will come out sooner or later and the deal will be wrapped up not long after that. 

Can't remember who first put it up yesterday, but he/she gets credit for the discovery.

I joined TripAdvisor and PM'd Paul L and complained that he always mumbles the same thing after every meal regardless of whether it was good or bad.   Told him to admit the kitchen staff aren't good enough and stop praising their effort when they deliver a crappy meal-  can't expect to hire fast food workers on minimum wage and expect them to succeed in a high-end restaurant.  He responded with a LOL.

I wonder how long it will take the managers of the restaurant to see/recognize the joke and get it pulled.

• Like 3

No puns, not allowed to be critical of a poster no matter how ridiculous they are. This is boring. I'm gonna go to bed and wait for the big announcement tomorrow right after the ny stock exchange opens.

• Like 1

If it's not the coaches then it must be the ownership as what's the point making a statement over PL? If he's sacked new owners are imminent and if it's about ownership we are sold so only two outcomes in my mind

Why is everyone so certain there will be a big announcement Monday?   I thought the (somewhat) trusted journo just said that there would be nothing announced before Monday at the earliest?  Weren't the sources talking about a definite announcements either b.s. twitter accounts, ITK wannabes or dodgy newspapers?

It doesn't look like a sale is near enough to announce.  I doubt they would announce that Lambert is staying, since that's not a change of status and they never even acknowledged that there's a chance he would leave.  I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of folks are getting all worked up over something that's not coming.

What you're overlooking is that the asking price - by all reports - is designed to recoup substantial amounts of the money Lerner has sunk into the club to take us from 16th in the premier league with a poor squad to 15th in the premier league with a poor squad that needs a hell of a lot of further investment if we are even to secure premier league status long term. The hope that the club will "turn to profit" this year (not that even the club have actually claimed that) pales into insignificance alongside the extra money that will be needed to make us any good at football.

You don't actually know what the asking price is; you don't know what the purchase price will be. I'd say the rumoured (only rumoured) value is based on a modern day Premier League club with a single income stream of £70M from TV; that's without taking into account other revenue sources and various assets.

Faulkner stated that the club will be in profit, whilst it is insignificant, I think how much will be required to make us "good at football" is wildly overstated. We could be better with just a better manager for starters.

Besides, if a purchaser is bulking at having to invest money in the playing squad then they obviously aren't rich enough and serious enough to buy us.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Can any blame be laid at the feet of Lerner for the position were in now?

Nobody disputes that, pretty sure that we all want him gone. People can't complain 1 week after he has publicly announced that we're up for sale, that it hasn't happened yet, or that because he publicly announced that we're up for sale he is somehow an even worse owner.

No one is soley having a go at him for not selling the club at this point. The point is he has put the club into a bit of mess and happily gambled with our premiership status for three consecutie years. To do all that and fail to sell the club is terrible. Nothing to do with not selling the club right now, he may well sell the club and we'll be better off but it looks like a deal isn't close. If he fails to sell the club we are in serious trouble once again due to the poor state of the squad and the poor manager who has lost the majority of the fans. I know with lerner some seem to just shrug off mistakes but IMO runningt the club the way he has and then failing to sell this summer would be another **** up in a long list of **** ups.

A private jet arrived at BHX yesterday afternoon.

It is owned by McLaughlin and Stern, a NY law firm with a wide profile of expertise. Their website claims that they were involved in the acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

Might be nothing, but circumstantially close enough to report I think.

Crossing the T's and dotting the lower case j's...

Hopefully.

• Like 1

Indeed.

If we can't be sold it is only because we are an unattractive acquisition. Whether the reason for that is the asking price, balance sheet, manager or even the squad then the blame for that rests firmly at Lerner's feet. He really does need to move us on sooner rather than later - if nothing else than to protect the value of his own asset.

It is owned by McLaughlin and Stern, a NY law firm with a wide profile of expertise. Their website claims that they were involved in the acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

McLaughlin & Stern offers a broad array of corporate services, ranging from establishing ventures to complete capital financings and mergers and acquisitions. Clients are similarly varied, and include U.S. public and private held entities (including family owned businesses), international companies, investment advisors and broker-dealers, investment funds, and not-for-profit corporations. We are known for our innovative approach to structuring deals, our in-depth cultural and legal knowledge of cross-border transactions, and for expertise in regulatory issues.

As a boutique firm with a hands-on approach, we view our clients' needs from both a legal and overall business perspective, mirrored by an integrated approach among our practices that enables us to meet all their needs. We provide a high level of service from senior, experienced attorneys, while also keeping an eye on clients’ costs by staffing matters appropriately and efficiently. Perhaps not surprisingly, clients come to us for one transaction, then consult us time and again, and the vast majority of our business is from referrals

From their website.

http://www.mclaughlinstern.com/practices/corporate-and-securities/

Edited by limpid
fixed botched quote

I wonder which Baseball team that was?

I wonder which Baseball team that was?

I've been looking but found nothing yet.

EDIT:

Geoffry R. Handler is an expert in corporate law and the Managing Partner of McLaughlin & Stern LLP. Mr. Handler, who has participated on behalf of clients as Corporate Counsel in the purchase of a major league baseball franchise in New York

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxworldwide-appoints-richard-n-costello--geoffry-r-handler-to-its-board-of-directors-76591252.html

New York Yankees are owned by Yankee Global Enterprises who were formed in 1999.

New York Mets are owned by Sterling Equities headed by Fred Wilpon who took full control in 2002. Edited by limpid
fixed botched quote