$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Will lerner still be thanked if we start next season with him still here, Lambert in charge and a minimum amount spent on the squad?

It wouldn't be the end of the world as long as Lambert was given £20 mil to buy a couple of players. If hes still here and given lambert no money then 'we go again'. I dont expect Lambert to walk away like Mon did.

We went backwards when Lambert was given money last year. I think with the current feelings from the fans around the place it would be a disaster starting the season with Lambert in charge.

Well I'm a fan and I wouldn't call it a disaster to start the season with him. May even be a good thing, what with all the uncertainty behind the scenes.

• Like 1

What would be an even bigger disaster would be to go into next season with no new owner, no new players and no manager. That would be a disaster. Lerner isn't going to be spending much if he is selling up and I very much doubt any manager in their right mind would take on the job at our club with very little funds and a relatively poor squad by Premier League standards, knowing that at any given time a new owner could appear and sack them.

Edited by samjp26

All hail the mods!! (I hate puns)

Stop looking for conspiracy theories. There's no buyer, there will be one eventually but in the meantime we are going to struggle massively. All this talk of new owners should now be put to bed until news of actual interested parties arises. We were never sold, aren't in the process of being sold and are just up for sale. End of

This must be the fifth time you've said the exact same thing. May I suggest, if you don't like people discussing the takeover without the takeover being finished, then perhaps you just shouldn't read this thread?
  • Like 1

If there's no new owner lined up then the way he's run the club is even worse than originally thought.

A manager disliked by most.

A poor squad

And just had our worst ever prem year.

To allow it to get to that, state you want out and not have something lined up is shocking. Hopefully there is someone out there.

Well we should be used to beinh

Well whilst Lerner is here Lambert may as well stay too.

I find it baffling that Lerner would release the statement he did if there is nothing in the pipeline.

Well we should be used to being baffled by Lerner by now.

What would be an even bigger disaster would be to go into next season with no new owner, no new players and no manager. That would be a disaster. Lerner isn't going to be spending much if he is selling up and I very much doubt any manager in their right mind would take on the job at our club with very little funds and a relatively poor squad by Premier League standards, knowing that at any given time a new owner could appear and sack them.

Thats the nightmare scenario - Lerner/Faulkner - not the best recruiters - trying to recruit an interim manager. Just hope if theres no takeover in sight he gets some funds...

TBAR will still be looked at as ITK after all this i bet, they've shown that they know absolutely nothing like most of us. Trent said straight away it was rubbish fairplay!

One of the mods on there tried to argue with me when I pointed out that Admin's credibility would be tarnished if he is wrong about this. I knew there and then that it was just one big fraudulent set-up to attract users/viewers, which they have done pretty well to be fair.

Edited by Isa

If there's no new owner lined up then the way he's run the club is even worse than originally thought.

A poor squad

To allow it to get to that, state you want out and not have something lined up is shocking. Hopefully there is someone out there.

If there is no new owner lined up then it is strange that he released the statement that he did, but it has no bearing on how he has ran the club. As I asked before, do you expect him to pull a new owner out of his arse, should no billionaires be currently interested in buying us?

A poor squad

If there is no new owner lined up then it is strange that he released the statement that he did, but it has no bearing on how he has ran the club. As I asked before, do you expect him to pull a new owner out of his arse, should no billionaires be currently interested in buying us?

What price a UK based consortium...

So it's Lerner's fault if no one wants to buy the club?

Did I say that?

Its his fault the clubs got to this state, which is worse if we can't sell the club.

Erm..

er, yes?

How?

Did I say that?

Its his fault the clubs got to this state, which is worse if we can't sell the club.

You said it would be "shocking" to say he wants out and then not have something lined up.

Edited by Mantis

TBAR will still be looked at as ITK after all this i bet, they've shown that they know absolutely nothing like most of us. Trent said straight away it was rubbish fairplay!

One of the mods on there tried to argue with me when I pointed out that Admin's credibility would be tarnished if he is wrong about this. I knew there and then that it was just one big fraudulent set-up to attract users/viewers, which they have done pretty well to be fair.

Indeed, im sure he'll make some kind of excuse and they'll all lap up the next bit of rubbish he writes.

• Like 1

Well in some ways yes. He is the owner and his decisions since sacking MON have resulted in us becoming a much less attractive football team to buy.

That is definitely a valid argument, but if he has put us up for sale then right now I can't really see much else he can do to entice somebody to purchase us.

Didn't Nursey say like three weeks ago that Villa is not for sale?

I believe there's a buyer but the completion of the sale will take 4-6 weeks like certain member in here said it would. Even if the transaction is agreed upon by both parties it'll take weeks to complete due all the legal stuff, papers to be drawn out etc. and I expect Lambert to stay at least till it's finished.