$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I should add that another jet, a private charter from NY, arrived on 15th and is still sitting on the tarmac.

As it is a private charter, it may just be awaiting its next job, or maybe to take back whoever it brought in.

It is also often used by Justin Bieber, who I believe is in Europe at the moment, so probable that he was the passenger and it is completely unrelated.

Interesting indeed. Be curious to know if they have come to Birmingham in the past?

Not in that one - a first time visitor.

I can see why it peaked your interest! Could be here to close a deal or to go visit Cadbury. Who knows. Something is definitely happening imo. Its too quiet.

Would those sort of lawyers be in closing a deal, or would they be involved from start to end? Hopefully it's linked to the Villa sale, as can't imagine too many Brum based businesses using top American law firms!

this will be for due diligence. they would not come to Birmingham for negotiations.

• Like 1

The scenario I worry about is that Lerner has been busting a gut to sell us for around 3 years without sucess - The fact that he has gone public - is a last ditch attempt to drum up a buyer - and that BOA \ Merril Lynch have also been appointed for some considerable time.

If all the above is correct than when are no more likley to see a buyer now, than any time in the past 3 years .....[ok maybe slightly because the balance sheet has improved]

The optimist in me hopes they're here for a tooth hurty press conference about taking control of Villa. I just hope it isn't Beiber.

• Like 1

Would those sort of lawyers be in closing a deal, or would they be involved from start to end? Hopefully it's linked to the Villa sale, as can't imagine too many Brum based businesses using top American law firms!

this will be for due diligence. they would not come to Birmingham for negotiations.
Cheers, I hope the two are linked. Can't take any more puns!! :laugh: Edited by villan-scott
  • Like 1

Interesting indeed. Be curious to know if they have come to Birmingham in the past?

Not in that one - a first time visitor.

Great stuff trees, thanks as always for passing it on.

A private jet arrived at BHX yesterday afternoon.

It is owned by McLaughlin and Stern, a NY law firm with a wide profile of expertise. Their website claims that they were involved in the acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

Might be nothing, but circumstantially close enough to report I think.

I wonder which Baseball team that was?

I tried to google it - but couldn't find anything. Looking through their news archives they seem to have invested a lot of time in trying to expand the chinese market [don't panic just an observation - they probably have lots of other clients as well]

.....Actually thinking about could the jet have something to with the Blue Noses rather than ourselves ?

The scenario I worry about is that Lerner has been busting a gut to sell us for around 3 years without sucess - The fact that he has gone public - is a last ditch attempt to drum up a buyer - and that BOA \ Merril Lynch have also been appointed for some considerable time.

If all the above is correct than when are no more likley to see a buyer now, than any time in the past 3 years .....[ok maybe slightly because the balance sheet has improved]

I think Lerner's asking price will put a lot of people off. Villa is not worth £200m

I think Lerner's asking price will put a lot of people off. Villa is not worth £200m

I did a bit of googlng and there is a company that specailzes in valuing sports franchises - The cleveland browns are one of there clients. I also read via a forbes pages I think - that villa were valued at around $209m when calcultaing Lerners net worth in 2009....

I doubt Lerner has plucked the £200m figure out of thin air - and would have thought any buyer will get a proffesional valuation....

• Like 4

Do we know for sure that that's what Lerner wants for the club?

Hasn't this figure been a journo guesstimate? 

• Like 1

Do we know for sure that that's what Lerner wants for the club?

Hasn't this figure been a journo guesstimate? 

Not sure? £200m seems a bit high to me

A private jet arrived at BHX yesterday afternoon.

It is owned by McLaughlin and Stern, a NY law firm with a wide profile of expertise. Their website claims that they were involved in the acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

Might be nothing, but circumstantially close enough to report I think.

I wonder which Baseball team that was?

I tried to google it - but couldn't find anything. Looking through their news archives they seem to have invested a lot of time in trying to expand the chinese market [don't panic just an observation - they probably have lots of other clients as well]

.....Actually thinking about could the jet have something to with the Blue Noses rather than ourselves ?

Odds are they work for our potential new owner.