$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

I've been hearing all about how terrible modern fans are for the last decade at least.

And it's pretty much entirely true :D

I blame Sky and foreign ownership, though. They've overseen football becoming a right old nonsense.

No, I think the point is that people tend to compare the age in which they are living with a fabricated halcyon era that never actually existed.

This is certainly fair enough to an extent (and I can only really comment on the football that I've witnessed, which is a lot less than some people) - however I don't think there's been an era quite as pointed towards;

- Finishing in the top 4 rather than winning the League/F.A. Cup

- Not competing in "lesser" competitions (League Cup/F.A. Cup/Europa League)

- Exploring commercial opportunities abroad

- Re-branding of clubs/stadium changes

- Wanting instant "success" (whatever that may be) due to foreign ownership being involved

- Fan expectation of spending at least <x> amount on players

Maybe all this did happen pre-2000 though, and I have been suitably blinkered enough to assume it's only a modern day thing.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

Villa Fans: Randy should **** off and sell the club he is not up for it anymore.

Randy: Club is for sale.

Villa Fans: **** sake he not selling it quick enough, not selling it in the right way.

Future chapters can be added to this when the fans realise our new owners are not the next City and we’ll probably sign a similar amount of players as we do now. Only hope they have is if they have fancy foreign names, that means their good.

You know us all too well.

Sorting through all the gumph, I think Kwan probably offers the best take on it. This, with Trees timely info, seems the one to keep a close eye on.

Agree.  Kwan has put a 4 to 6 week timescale on a sale.  Let's hope he is correct.

• Like 1

I've been hearing all about how terrible modern fans are for the last decade at least.

Yes, it seems not supporting a billionaire cutting costs or not giving a poor performing manager years of patience means you're an instant success craving modern day fan. Terrible really.

No-one has "supported a billionaire" in cutting costs - but this is yet more drivel you love to post repeatedly.

And yes, almost everyone has said they want significant funds to "challenge for the top 6"; even at the cost of losing the stadium name.  Modern football.

I haven't seen anyone supporting this either but I have seen several reasons/excuses given for it which have all excluded increased television revenue to offset Lerner's divorce for example which certainly isn't drivel.

Yep that's what it is modern football and we either go with the changes or stay entrapped in the past through tradition rather than any business sense.

Sorting through all the gumph, I think Kwan probably offers the best take on it. This, with Trees timely info, seems the one to keep a close eye on.

Agree.  Kwan has put a 4 to 6 week timescale on a sale.  Let's hope he is correct.

I think we will have another season of Lerner and Lambert to be honest, I hope I am wrong however I have a real bad feeling about the whole thing

In terms of ITK ratings I don't really see how today changes things for Admin. Lambert leaving still seems very likely and I don't think Admin put a time line on it just that it was going to happen. Everyone else put two and two together and thought today would be the day.

Be interesting if Trent is willing to say Lambert will be our manager on 1st day of season then we really would have a proper ITK off. As far as I can tell only Trent only says what isnt going to happen rather than making any clear statements himself. Which is fair enough and probably a more reliable and sustainable way of passing on information.

The only person with his balls on the line today is Dinkleham on TBAR as he said the takeover would be announced on the stock exchange today. Which is as clear and testable a prediction as you can get.

Either way all the ITK is great fun, if a nightmare for work productivity.

Sure it will all turn out good in the end I'm relaxed on time-scales.

Edited by villaglint

Money is there to spend.

I'd imagine if he does sign a player or two he will see out the season with or without new owners.

Otherwise it's a bit of a waste letting him spend money only for him to go later on down the line.

1. @dvtavfc similar to last two seasons, maybe a little less. Quality over quantity this time though

Money is there to spend.

I'd imagine if he does sign a player or two he will see out the season with or without new owners.

Otherwise it's a bit of a waste letting him spend money only for him to go later on down the line.

1. @dvtavfc similar to last two seasons, maybe a little less. Quality over quantity this time though

So thats about £20m then, bollocks all really. 2 players at most??? maybe another loan signing. If that info is correct then we are well and truely buggered, this squad needs 6 players minimum to be half competetive, 15 new players if it is to achieve anything :-(

Money is there to spend.

But less than 20 would be laughable. The manager (whoever he is) will get the blame for the inevitably disastrous season that follows though.

Makes sense for Lambert to stay - not in any parties interest for him to be gone before new owners are on board. Takeovers take time, as long as it happens I'm happy.

It makes complete sense.
The only way it would make sense for me is that new owners have been identified and are ready to buy the club with Lambert as manager.

Where it doesn't make sense at all is that if new owners haven't been identified yet and the club is still actively looking for a purchaser. What would then be the point in giving the present manager money to spend on players of his choice when new owners might want their own manager who wouldn't want Lambert's new purchases. That would be a complete waste of money.