Leicester City

Villan4Life

Are we not allowed to know what he said? I find it really odd that they rarely mention the words used.

He called someone a "jap" whilst being held back by 2 team mates whilst he was trying to fight him

Never quite understood why names which are simply abbreviations of nationalities should be offensive. If "Jap" or "Paki" are offensive, then why aren't (say) "Brit", "Russki" or "Canuck"?

Never quite understood why names which are simply abbreviations of nationalities should be offensive. If "Jap" or "Paki" are offensive, then why aren't (say) "Brit", "Russki" or "Canuck"?

Somewhat related, I knew a guy who was half Japanese, half Pakistani whose nickname was actually Japaki :lol:

• Like 3

I didn't realise that the term "jap" was racist. I guess it depends on the context and whether the guy was Japanese.

Is calling somebody a "yank" racist too? How about if they are Canadian?

Twatty thing to do no doubt.

Here's how it was allegedly used. The silver tongued devil.

In the video he can be heard saying: “Jap. Yo Jap. Walk on. Walk on. Oi, walk on. Yeah you, Jap. Walk on.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-city-face-another-racism-6221444

Always thought it would depend on context. "Oi, you smelly Paki" would be incredibly offensive. Where as, "You're from Pakistan? Cool, my girlfriend is a Paki too" not so offensive. But it would always depend on the subjects view. Maybe they were bullied with that word a lot as a kid and they always find it offensive, for example?

Calling an Indian a Paki would also definitely land you in hot water. As I said; context.

Calling someone a paki has nothing to do with them being from Pakistan. It is to insult them regardless of where they are from. Jap is the same as no doubt the person who got abused had an oriental look and could have been from any number of Eastern countries yet got called an jap. I'm Punjabi and got called a ni**er. It's just plain ignorance.

• Like 1

Canuck and Brit are more terms of endearment usually whereas the term Paki is almost always a pejorative to the point where I don't think it's really appropriate to use regardless of context. It's more akin to a British person being called a limey or pom. I don't think it's fair to compare them simply because Paki seems to be a short form for Pakistani.

It's one of those things that is a bit selective.

Like accents. If I impersonate someone by doing a Geordie or scouse or Irish accent then I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid.

But I impersonated an indian man by doing an indian accent, or a chinese man by doing a chinese accent, then it would be deemed offensive (probably).

That being said, in this example it sounds like he clearly intended it to be offensive so he's got no leg to stand on.

If someone called me a Limey or a Pom I'd laugh because I know that being a white British person makes me better than them because their country smells and the people that live there are of a lower order than I am.

People want to be white but they can't because they stink

LMAO that was racist.

I wish it was okay to say anything, because they're just words, I don't think anyone should be offended by a word, but that's just me, call me what you like.

But I guess a few hundred years of oppression and shit does that, even though I had absolutely no part in that, the kids of families that did experience it still think that way.

Ginko wished head cancer upon me the other day playing playstation.  I laughed though because I have bowel cancer, not head cancer the big dope.

• Like 1

Â