Leicester City

Villan4Life

At least we get to do plenty of  "Ranieri; you know, the guy who was Chelsea manager before you decided to support them"  gags next season. 

• Like 3

Many Chelsea fans see Ranieri's time as the "dark old days".

It's all relative though.  Most people's reign would be dark old days compared to Mourinho.  Didn't they come 2nd in the league under Ranieri and get the bones of a championship squad?  I'm not saying he has done anything since, but he got them to the brink and left them in very good shape.

They actually should've won the champions league that season. They knocked out Arsenal in the quarters and then completely messed up the Monaco semi final with some typically bizarre Ranieri tactics like Hasselbaink on the right wing!

That was the first season of Abramovich anyway so yes a lot of Chelsea fans will know him as contrary to popular opinion Chelsea were winning stuff and finishing high in the league before he turned up.

They actually should've won the champions league that season. They knocked out Arsenal in the quarters and then completely messed up the Monaco semi final with some typically bizarre Ranieri tactics like Hasselbaink on the right wing!

That was the first season of Abramovich anyway so yes a lot of Chelsea fans will know him as contrary to popular opinion Chelsea were winning stuff and finishing high in the league before he turned up.

It was the night that defined Ranieri, over thinking and needless changes.

Takes off a winger for Veron at HT, then when Monaco got a man sent off, completely jizzed himself and takes off a defender for JFH.

They had the away goal. It was fricking amateur hour.

Was that the night also when Ron Atkinson made those remarks?

• 2 weeks later...

Just been having a read of the Leicester forum linked in the Veretout thread, and **** me are some of their fans delusional  :lol:

Apparently their form at the end of last season made all of Europe sit up and take notice  :crylaugh:

It's gonna be a long long season for those fans, I get a feeling that they may not be outside of the relegation zone much this season.

Apparently their form at the end of last season made all of Europe sit up and take notice

I literally just read that and couldn't stop laughing. Why are such a disproportionate amount of them like that though? Almost RAWK level delusion without the illustrious history behind it.

It's like the first 30 games of shit didn't even happen, and that they judge their worth as a club based on a run of 7 or 8 games where they played out of their skins to survive. Apparently that coupled with their new "elite" coach makes them a better club than us right now.

Used to hack me off how we could never beat them in the 90s when MON was in charge there but never had an issue when they went down and thought they were quite decent last season even when they were losing.

Leicester as a place though is a complete dive certainly compared to Derby and Nottingham.

Just been having a read of the Leicester forum linked in the Veretout thread, and **** me are some of their fans delusional  :lol:

Apparently their form at the end of last season made all of Europe sit up and take notice  :crylaugh:

It's gonna be a long long season for those fans, I get a feeling that they may not be outside of the relegation zone much this season.

They ignoring the fact that the manager that got them there is gone?

Â