Leicester City

Villan4Life

To be fair, nothing I've seen of Veretout so far suggests he'd get anywhere near that Leicester team, but then, perhaps he'd benefit more by being at club which has it's shit together and frankly, better players around him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Their squad isn't all that better, in fact I'd say our squad is better. They just have great morale, team spirit and a manager who knows how to get the best out of them and is tactically astute. We're the complete opposite in that respect, especially the last one. The rest are all a result of that.

Let's not forget that one of their star performers this season is our academy graduate who we deemed surplus to requirements who they signed on a free transfer.

Their squad isn't all that better, in fact I'd say our squad is better. They just have great morale, team spirit and a manager who knows how to get the best out of them and is tactically astute. We're the complete opposite in that respect, especially the last one. The rest are all a result of that.

Let's not forget that one of their star performers this season is our academy graduate who we deemed surplus to requirements who they signed on a free transfer.

I would argue that this is still Pearsons team not Raneris. They have yet to play big teams and been lucky with injuries. They will start flopping soon

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2015, 3:08:38, Keyblade said:

Oh their squad is better. Huth is better than anything we have at the back. Mahrez is a delight to watch, one of the best wide players in the premier league over the last 6 months and well like most on here I can't really stand Vardy and didn't want him when we were linked in the summer but you have to say fair play. They also have reasonable back up strikers in Ulloa and Oazaki. 

Of course they'll slip back, even now teams like Liverpool and Spurs are only 5-6 points off them, I'd be amazed if Leicester finish above either of them. It will be like Southampton last season I think, end up about 6th or 7th which will still be a magnificent season for them.

One thing I would say though...what would've been the VT reaction if in Feb we'd appointed Ranieri. I was talking to my Dad about this yesterday and we both agreed it would've been along the lines of Houllier, manager with good pedigree but way way past it.

Yet here he is top of the league and 12 points clear of his great friend Mourinho. Pearson did an incredible job keeping them up but they would've been nowhere near the top if he;d stayed on.

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Crazy that we played them off the park for 70 minutes and now we're both book ending the table.

We're still suffering mentally from that collapse imo. Confidence absolutely shot to bits.

• Like 4

On 11/2/2015, 3:08:38, Keyblade said:

You're right, their squad isn't all that better, their squad is way better. High time we stopped overrating our players, they really are not very good at all.

• Like 4

I don't know whether their squad is much better than ours but when you have a player who is setting the Premier League alight like Vardy it makes a huge difference. 10 games in a row he has scored in, thats unbelievable. Roy of the Rovers stuff. What Ranieri has done is create a relaxed happy enviroment where all the players are players are playing to their max. Compared to us, when we concede a goal we just fall apart. Leicester if they go two goals down still believe they will win.  

You still have to stick them in the net. They have both been stars this season. Many of the goals Vardy scores he creates for himself anyway. That run from the half way line against West Brom. He nearly did the same yesterday.

• Like 1

In fairness it's not like Vardy is just goal hanging and taping in Mahrez's crosses Darren Bent style, he's creating his own goals himself with hard work and running.

Mahrez though is quality and will be playing for a top 4-6 club soon. I remember when Leicester came up it was actually Anthony Knockaert who'd looked better in the championship but he didn't do anything in this league and now at Standard Liege.

• Like 1

I think Mahrez creates space that Vardy is perfectly made to exploit, he's quick and direct - what Leicester have is a nice blend of players - I think one injury to a player who's an important part of that blend will hurt them a great deal, but what will be interesting is if that injury doesn't come in the next couple of months. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You're right, their squad isn't all that better, their squad is way better. High time we stopped overrating our players, they really are not very good at all.

Idk, put any of those players in our squad and they'd probably struggle just as much. For example, put Kante instead of Gana here and the net result would be more or less the same. Drinkwater woud probably be slagged off like Westwood is etc. Conversely, I bet if we put Carles Gil in Leicester he would probably be tearing it up alongside Mahrez and Albrighton. There's something inherently wrong with our club, it is just poisonous. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Idk, put any of those players in our squad and they'd probably struggle just as much. For example, put Kante instead of Gana here and the net result would be more or less the same. Drinkwater woud probably be slagged off like Westwood is etc. Conversely, I bet if we put Carles Gil in Leicester he would probably be tearing it up alongside Mahrez and Albrighton. There's something inherently wrong with our club, it is just poisonous. 

Yes I agree and thats why I didn't blame Sherwood. I think any manager will struggle to turn things around here

Man for man, they are not opposite ends of the table better than us. Now Amavi is out, their entire defence and keeper is better.

Confidence is so important. They think they're going to win games, so they do.

Wonder how different the season would look for them if we'd won 2-0?

For us it'd be the same because I think Timmy would still be here stealing a wage.

The most surprising thing about Leicester for me is that they have Claudio Ranieri as manager. Always thought he wasn't that good of a manager but I guess he's a lot better than I gave him credit for.

Â