Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, useless said:

A lot of Leicester fans have been unhappy with Rodgers for a while now, I went on their forum towards the end of last season and quite a few wanted him out then, they then went and won the FA Cup so maybe that appeased them somewhat, but no surprise that after the start they've had to this season a lot of them want him out again.

Maybe they should be careful what they wish for, because as I said in the summer, they're the kind of club that are one bad transfer window, or bad managerial appointment away from becoming a midtable team again, they're kind of that currently, but I do think they will improve this season at least.

They have some tricky fixtures this month, play Newcastle at home next, but after that have to play Liverpool twice, Man City, Spurs, and Naopli, so unless they improve Rodgers might come under more pressure after those games.

Agree with that. Easy to forget as recent as late February 2019 they were 12th in premier league and just lost 4-1 at home to Palace:

Leicester 1-4 Crystal Palace: 'It is normal for fans to be worried' says Puel - BBC Sport

Leicester boss Claude Puel said "it is normal for the fans to be worried" after his side suffered a 4-1 defeat to Crystal Palace in the Premier League.

It was the first time in 19 years Leicester have lost four league games in a row at the King Power.

They have also gone six games without a win and have conceded the first goal in 19 matches, more than any other team.

That line up had Ricardo Periera, Tielemans and Maguire in it so  stronger than what they put out yesterday and Ben Chilwell was also around for them aswell.

Puel wasn't the right fit for them but that's still a vastly experienced european manager who's won trophies.

Overall Rodgers has done an excellent job there, very much the right man appointed to fit the squad and signs look promising it will be same here with Gerrard.

Think he's got enough credit in the bank to at least see out the season and see where they are in May.

Overall Leicester have fantastic strategy with how they sign players I think but only so much you can do when your best CB and best midfielder are injured for either the season or a few months. Justin Justin doing his ACL also a massive blow as that Thomas guy at LB is pretty average.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

No Europe for Leicester next season makes them a pretty unappealing prospect for players looking to join, or for the likes of Fofana and Tielemans who will have offers from elsewhere. It's been a wonderful period for Leicester fans and I think we were all delighted to see them win the title, even if only because of what it meant in terms of the possibilities for the rest of us - but I think that golden period is over and what remains will be interesting. How big a club is Leicester without the possibility of European football?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He managed to make a miraculous recovery.

I find Rodgers' comments about the Europa Conference League a bit distasteful/arrogant too.  Sure, it's a bit needless, but to "not even know about it"?  I hope they get dicked on there, too.

The great European superpower Leicester should protest and not have to play small time minors such as Marsaille, Roma, PSV or Feyenoord. 

The comment is embarrassing. 

55 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I find Rodgers' comments about the Europa Conference League a bit distasteful/arrogant too.  Sure, it's a bit needless, but to "not even know about it"?  I hope they get dicked on there, too.

He’s a disgrace. Can’t wait to see Leicester bottle it again. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Couldn't agree more.

I cant wait for the day we get to play in that competition. That guy is so far above his station its unreal. They've completely bottle the last two seasons. He bottled Liverpool. Main success is dominating in Scotland. 

I could dominate in Scotland.

The sooner he's back in his box the better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Couldn't agree more.

I cant wait for the day we get to play in that competition. That guy is so far above his station its unreal. They've completely bottle the last two seasons. He bottled Liverpool. Main success is dominating in Scotland. 

I could dominate in Scotland.

The sooner he's back in his box the better.

He dominated in Scotland largely without a credible competitive Rangers. 

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

They were always going to revert  back to being a midtable team. It was just a matter of time. 

Agree

But at the same time I'm not sure what else they could do it stop it which is the bigger worry, they won the league, built a new state of the art training facility, spent a lot of money... And yet still couldn't stop the inevitable slide to behind the top 4 and then eventually the rest of them 

Leicester have done so much right, they've actually won stuff too and yet really they're not even close to breaking the stranglehold, so what chance do the rest of us have? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Agree

But at the same time I'm not sure what else they could do it stop it which is the bigger worry, they won the league, built a new state of the art training facility, spent a lot of money... And yet still couldn't stop the inevitable slide to behind the top 4 and then eventually the rest of them 

Leicester have done so much right, they've actually won stuff too and yet really they're not even close to breaking the stranglehold, so what chance do the rest of us have? 

I’ve been feeling this way myself, and I think we’ll probably grow and then peter out in a similar fashion (without the league win but maybe a cup). On the other hand, Tottenham are less ‘deserving’ than Leicester, but they’re a team who built on their mid-table status and have come close to breaking the stranglehold (and now attract managers like Conte), even if they haven’t quite managed it completely. I don’t think there’s any particular rhyme or reason to success in the PL beyond money, media backing, and having the sheer good fortune of being based in a major economic centre, which, sadly, Leicester isn’t.

Birmingham, of course, is a major economic centre but doesn’t seem to hold the same allure as London or, for some reason, Manchester and Liverpool. Even I have to remind myself that it’s actually our second-largest economy and not in fact the absolute pits. 😄

It’ll be interesting to see what West Ham do if they manage to hold on to the CL spot.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

Leicester were always going to go back to being a midtable team, they're a relatively small club, which is why them winning the title a few years ago was such a big story, their natural place in the order of things is midtable at best. I actually think they will improve this season and probably challenge for top eighth, which might not be what they've been used to over the last few seasons, but in the grand scheme of things is very good for a club like them.

If we were ever to do well in the table I think we'd have a much better chance of sustaining it over a longer period of time, not to the the extent of constantly winning things like Chelsea or Man City have been able to do because of their money, but similar to how Spurs have been, although hopefully we'd able to go one better than them and actually win one or two things. It's getting there in the first place that's the hard part, at least Leicester achieved that, something that can never be taken away from them.

• Like 2

Â