Leicester City

Villan4Life

On 15/05/2021 at 19:49, PaulC said:

they have made tough decisions at the right time. Getting rid of  Pearson after he kept them up, getting rid of Ranieri the season after they won the league, then getting rid of Puel and bringing in Rodgers. We cant fall into the trap of being grateful for what the manager has done for us. 

Hmmm. Kind of rewrites history a bit to suit an argument. Pearson was sacked for non-footballing reasons, Ranieri was sacked after a dramatic, extended loss of form with a return of his notorious tinkering, whilst Puel was loathed by the fanbase for producing the most tedious football most of them could ever remember, with stats to back up the antipathy. Rodgers was the right timing for both parties. Can't imagine any of those decisions being particularly difficult.

We're not being grateful, we're reaping the benefits of having proper owners in place rejecting opinions from knee-jerk, overly emotional, impatient, no-nothing fans. Long may this blissful marriage continue even if it looks like progress is somewhat stalling next season, which it almost certainly won't.

I kind of agree but then at the same time this thing about spending something daft like 69 weeks out of 73 in the top 4 but not getting CL long term could come back to bite them on the ass

The FA Cup would be incredible if you had the confidence that CL will happen eventually and I think after this season that confidence must be dropping 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I kind of agree but then at the same time this thing about spending something daft like 69 weeks out of 73 in the top 4 but not getting CL long term could come back to bite them on the ass

The FA Cup would be incredible if you had the confidence that CL will happen eventually and I think after this season that confidence must be dropping 

They will be devastated they couldnt get a point today.  

The main purpose of football should be winning and winning trophies.

Qualifying for Champions League is good and a good achievment, but you don't actually get a trophy  for it unless you go and win it.

Amazes me that people on here moan abot the so called top six and how money is ruining football but then don't agree with me that winning the FA Cup is better than qualifying for the champions league.

I bet there's not one Leicester fan or Leicester player that would swap their FA Cup win for a top four spot, and I bet most Tottenham and players and fans would swap all the times they finished top four for an FA Cup win.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Qualifying for Champions League is good and a good achievment, but you don't actually get a trophy  for it unless you go and win it.

Amazes me that people on here moan abot the so called top six and how money is ruining football but then don't agree with me that winning the FA Cup is better than qualifying for the champions league.

I bet there's not one Leicester fan or Leicester player that would swap their FA Cup win for a top four spot, and I bet most Tottenham and players and fans would swap all the times they finished top four for an FA Cup win.

Yes I agree but then people were negative about Martinez when he won Wigan the FA cup yet got relagated and the same when McCleish won SHA there first and only major trophy. Different with Leicester 5th is a good league position though

51 minutes ago, useless said:

It raises your club's profile and stature though.

Champions League football is vital if you want to take the final step as a club and increase your fanbase + reputation.

James Maddison is an odious little rat.

Probably the most overated in the league too.

Remember the league cup semi and he was garbage.

Shoots for days, score a free kick probably on the ratio of Seb Larsson, plays one through ball for Vardy to run onto every quarter and people go mental.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that even if they beat Spurs, they still wouldn't be in the CL since Chelsea won it, so hope that gives them peace of mind that they didn't bottle it. It's been an incredible couple of seasons from them, only dropping down to 5th on the final day both times. Rodgers deserves a lot of credit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I just realized that even if they beat Spurs, they still wouldn't be in the CL since Chelsea won it, so hope that gives them peace of mind that they didn't bottle it. It's been an incredible couple of seasons from them, only dropping down to 5th on the final day both times. Rodgers deserves a lot of credit.

This isn't true I don't think. They'd be in the Champions League and Chelsea would be a 5th English team in the Champions League as far as I understood it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

This isn't true I don't think. They'd be in the Champions League and Chelsea would be a 5th English team in the Champions League as far as I understood it.

No they'd miss out I'm pretty sure. Chelsea did the same thing to Spurs in 2012. The 5th team thing happens if a team wins the Europa League.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

No they'd miss out I'm pretty sure. Chelsea did the same thing to Spurs in 2012. The 5th team thing happens if a team wins the Europa League.

I've got a feeling they changed the rules to try to stop this happening. The only way that the 4th place team is missing out on Champions League now is if the Champions League and Europa League are won by English teams that both finished outside the top 4 as there is a maximum of 5 English teams allowed in.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I've got a feeling they changed the rules to try to stop this happening. The only way that the 4th place team is missing out on Champions League now is if the Champions League and Europa League are won by English teams that both finished outside the top 4 as there is a maximum of 5 English teams allowed in.

Think you're right on that. Still don't think they bottled it. 5th is a very good finish for them again.

• 4 weeks later...

Doing great business on the quiet with Daka and now Soumare for a combined 40m!

Just so impressed with them.

They deserve so much more respect from the media than they do get!

Edited by nick76

Â