Leicester City

Villan4Life

yeah im not sure what leicester are to be fair, the top 4 chances over the last 2 seasons had to be taken to keep it going, as it is i think they're a kind of stepping stone team that cant keep the conveyor belt going for ever, maddison, ndidi, barnes, the turkish CB etc are good players but not CL players IMO the only one that'll go to a top table club for mega money is tielemans 

found some more stuff in their match thread, they're all fed up with kaspar saying that he sticks to his line too much giving them major problems at set pieces, lookman is shit and they all had a laugh at our disallowed goal, normal "if that was vs us id be fuming" type stuff, not many who agreed with it

didnt venture deep enough to see what they thought of their penalty shout but did see a recurring theme of them thinking we went down to easy which is funny given the soft free kicks they won vs watkins and mcginn when we would have scored

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

popped on their forum to see what they were saying about the ramsey goal, not a lot is the answer but im shocked at just how many of them want rodgers out!

I am not. Have been saying it for months and was one of managers I picked to be sacked this season though im not a Leicester fan 😛

Just now, villa4europe said:

found some more stuff in their match thread, they're all fed up with kaspar saying that he sticks to his line too much giving them major problems at set pieces, lookman is shit and they all had a laugh at our disallowed goal, normal "if that was vs us id be fuming" type stuff, not many who agreed with it

didnt venture deep enough to see what they thought of their penalty shout but did see a recurring theme of them thinking we went down to easy which is funny given the soft free kicks they won vs watkins and mcginn when we would have scored

They have Wales number 1 a their backup keeper and he looks decent. Amazed he hasn't been given a chance. Kasper completely folded in front of the Holte yesterday and it was glorious to witness.

TBF to Leicester fans, as with many decisions the foul on Dewsbury Hall would have 1000000% been given a penalty if it was Bruno Fernandes at Old Trafford. That's the whole problem with VAR and refereeing on the whole.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah im not sure what leicester are to be fair, the top 4 chances over the last 2 seasons had to be taken to keep it going, as it is i think they're a kind of stepping stone team that cant keep the conveyor belt going for ever, maddison, ndidi, barnes, the turkish CB etc are good players but not CL players IMO the only one that'll go to a top table club for mega money is tielemans 

They are a club that is achieving well above their normal levels and should enjoy the ride and lord it over their east midland rivals.

Over the years they are generally a yo-yo club between the top 2 divisions.

Kudos to what they have done in the past 5 years but I can't say I have much warmth to them due to their pathological dislike of us. I suppose its  a back handed compliant as they know we are the biggest team in the Midlands.

• Like 1

Leicester have always been a thorn in our side. Always a tough game and there’s enough gone on over the years for it to be considered a bit of a heated game at times. Since we last won a trophy they have won the league, fa cup, two league cups. In that time they have also gone down to the third division. Fair play to them regarding their success. There’s enough about them as a club to remain competitive IMO . Villa v Leicester has had its fair share of trouble off the pitch, too, so there’s some kind of rivalry between the fans. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I still believe Leicester will come good. 

but what does that mean? best of the rest competing with west ham, spurs and arsenal? because i think thats a great achievement if im honest, top 4 looks a million miles off 

or are they competing with us, wolves and leeds for best team doing nothing in mid table? 

A lot of Leicester fans have been unhappy with Rodgers for a while now, I went on their forum towards the end of last season and quite a few wanted him out then, they then went and won the FA Cup so maybe that appeased them somewhat, but no surprise that after the start they've had to this season a lot of them want him out again.

Maybe they should be careful what they wish for, because as I said in the summer, they're the kind of club that are one bad transfer window, or bad managerial appointment away from becoming a midtable team again, they're kind of that currently, but I do think they will improve this season at least.

They have some tricky fixtures this month, play Newcastle at home next, but after that have to play Liverpool twice, Man City, Spurs, and Naopli, so unless they improve Rodgers might come under more pressure after those games.

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but what does that mean? best of the rest competing with west ham, spurs and arsenal? because i think thats a great achievement if im honest, top 4 looks a million miles off 

or are they competing with us, wolves and leeds for best team doing nothing in mid table? 

Top 6 I'd say. 

Above Spurs and Arsenal. 

Think we also need to remember that Leicester are missing some important players at present:  Tielemans, Pereira, Justin, Fofana.  Vardy was rested also.

It does affect the balance when key players are missing. Take nothing away from us yesterday though, as our second half display was outstanding. 

Signs are good that we could be the top Midlands side this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

That Patson Daka was supposed to be a hot prospect in summer. Only one game but wasnt impressed

Rodgers throwing away 4th two years in a row is MON like

Can't remember what game it was, but I watched Soumare start for them recently and he looked crap too. Their draw against Leeds maybe.

Not to say they wont both improve, but it goes to show it's rarely as easy as signing the 'obvious' transfers fans call for and instantly being a better team.

• Like 2

So much of what they have achieved has been built around Vardy.  That era is coming to an end and it's hard to see them signing another Striker as good as Vardy, and even if they do, then hanging on to him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That Patson Daka was supposed to be a hot prospect in summer. Only one game but wasnt impressed

Rodgers throwing away 4th two years in a row is MON like

There was one occasional  in the first half when Barnes played a perfect ball across and Daka didnt even make the run, Vardy would have been on the end of that. Hes got a lot to learn if he is going to be the replacement for Vardy 

38 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Think we also need to remember that Leicester are missing some important players at present:  Tielemans, Pereira, Justin, Fofana.  Vardy was rested also.

It does affect the balance when key players are missing. Take nothing away from us yesterday though, as our second half display was outstanding. 

Signs are good that we could be the top Midlands side this season.

I hadn’t even thought of that. If we did it would also likely mean we’d have finished in a top half position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Honestly think they should put all their eggs in the europa basket. Villareal did it last season although leicester got a very difficult last game away to Napoli and think they're out if they lose it.

Winning that though is probably a bit more realistic than them finishing top 4. Probably lacking a bit of motivation after winning FA cup which was huge achievement.

• Like 1

Â