Leicester City

Villan4Life

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Is Rodgers really that wrong though. The Europe Conference is it called. Has anyone watched a single game? What even is it?

Absolute waste of time and effort is what it is in a time where players are dropping down in training due to the workload .

Intertoto Cup vibes I think

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Is Rodgers really that wrong though. The Europe Conference is it called. Has anyone watched a single game? What even is it?

Absolute waste of time and effort is what it is in a time where players are dropping down in training due to the workload .

Yes he's wrong

This turning the nose up at anything that isn't the CL is an English thing and we should be embarrassed by it 

He's in the europa conference league because he's not good enough to be in the other 2 competitions 

And he's going to have to win it if he wants European football next year 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Is he wrong not to know about a European club competition that his side will be playing in?

Yes, yes he is.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It’s deliberately designed to favour the smaller leagues who never qualify for the Champions League and would otherwise not see a European adventure.

It’s more of a hassle than it’s worth for the teams from the top leagues but that’s part of its appeal.

A bit like the Johnson’s Paint Trophy of Europe 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Surely rodgers is under significant pressure now?

I always suspected rodgers is that "next level" manager. I mean he has done them wonders by giving them a fa cup on that basis i would give him another season. But they ard definitely currently going backwards

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I always suspected rodgers is that "next level" manager. I mean he has done them wonders by giving them a fa cup on that basis i would give him another season. But they ard definitely currently going backwards

I like Rodgers but he has parallels with Smith in the way he can be a bit 'too nice' IMO.

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He's probably under pressure alright but what do people expect with the squad he has. Vardy is finished and they dont really have any top class players apart from tielemans and maybe maddison. It's not realistic to expect them to be top 4 or win trophies IMO

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

He's probably under pressure alright but what do people expect with the squad he has. Vardy is finished and they dont really have any top class players apart from tielemans and maybe maddison. It's not realistic to expect them to be top 4 or win trophies IMO

Look at how much they've spent for that squad with no top class players

They bottled CL 2 seasons running and now they're underperforming 

His problem is flirting with being a good European playing team then dropping down to the reality of only being a decent mid table one 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Look at how much they've spent for that squad with no top class players

Is it much more than us or everton or spurs or arsenal? I doubt it. An average player is £30m theses days. If Leicester want to be top four they need to triple their wage bill and spend 100m every summer. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I think they were expecting daka to be a superb scoring  machine to take over from vardy. But he doesnt seem to be all that good.

I think tielmans can do better than Leicester and if no Europe  in summer strong possibility he leaves in summer. Wouldmt be suprised of one of the  spanish clubs come in for him or liverpool

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they were expecting daka to be a superb scoring  machine to take over from vardy. But he doesnt seem to be all that good.

I think tielmans can do better than Leicester and if no Europe  in summer strong possibility he leaves in summer. Wouldmt be suprised of one of the  spanish clubs come in for him or liverpool

I think Daka has done ok. What is it, 9 goals from 11 starts in all competitions. He's not as influential as Vardy, of course. 

Its a funny one for Leicester as they are massively punching above their weight. For them being top 8 is probably the pinnacle of what they can do, but they've outperformed that over the last few years. 

• Like 1

Â