Leicester City

Villan4Life

On 24/02/2022 at 03:42, Spoony said:

*hounded out.

We are the most deluded of all the fanbases in my opinion. Seem to think we have a god given right to success even though we’ve been shit for the best part of three decades. Seeing 1982 being wheeled out as an argument for our stature makes me want to scream. No one other than Villa fans thinks we are relevant. It’s a sad fact that I really hope can be reversed. Leicester are far more relevant than us.

Newcastle, Spurs and West Ham are all far worse than us.

Man Utd and Arsenal as well in relative terms.  Constantly crying and moaning over consistently being amongst the top 5 teams in the country.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Fofana has signed a new 5yr deal which is great for them considering the poor season they’re having by their recent standards.

Good player and good for the club (but cynic in me would expect a release clause to have been included) 

Thankfully we haven't allowed anyone to have a release clause since we lost Kante and came very close to losing Vardy

• Like 1

Fofana is an unbelievable deal for Leicester - he's one along with Tielemans that I'd had thought they'd be worrying about losing this summer.

I presume it's in part a show of his gratitude for the way he's been looked after while injured, but he does look the type of player that will attract attention from other clubs - it'll be interesting to see if they can hold on to him beyond next season.

He'll hope to play some European football in those five years and if Leicester look unlikely to offer him that, then I think he'll move on once he's proved his fitness.

• 1 month later...

I don't think we should underestimate the importance of tonight's result for Leicester - it removes any chance of them playing in Europe next season, and for me, Leicester without European football aren't an easy sell to players with ambitions.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Newcatsle have bid 50m for maddison. There is no way they will sell him at that price. They will be looking at 70m at least

No,  I think they will get him for that or very close.

Schmeichel to join Nice this week, what's going on there?

Edited by Mr_Dogg

Even if they sell a couple of big names they still have a good squad. But there will be a bunch of young guys like Soumaré, Daka, Thomas, Fofana... who needs to step up/stay fit.

Fofana been linked to Chelsea fwiw.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Even if they sell a couple of big names they still have a good squad. But there will be a bunch of young guys like Soumaré, Daka, Thomas, Fofana... who needs to step up/stay fit.

Fofana been linked to Chelsea fwiw.

For 80 million, gotta be media talk, Leicester would bite there hand off for that. He's worth around 40-50 max.

45 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I dont. 50m? Who they gonna get better than that for that price?

Similar output to Bowen and Mount, in a worse side, only 25. £50m would be very good value for the geordies. Can't see them getting him for close to that unless he tries to force a move

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont. 50m? Who they gonna get better than that for that price?

What does it say about them too? 

What are Leicester doing right now? Not a fat lot, Rodgers must be close behind Frank for the chop, selling him, especially to Newcastle would just confirm they're firmly on the slide and in for a pointless season 

If they sell him it's not just the player they lose its any pretence of ambition and probably a chunk of belief from the fan base, they'll be firmly planted as a mid table nothing team 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What does it say about them too? 

What are Leicester doing right now? Not a fat lot, Rodgers must be close behind Frank for the chop, selling him, especially to Newcastle would just confirm they're firmly on the slide and in for a pointless season 

If they sell him it's not just the player they lose its any pretence of ambition and probably a chunk of belief from the fan base, they'll be firmly planted as a mid table nothing team 

I think the FA Cup win probably saved Rodgers from getting the chop last season, he will probably be gone soon into next season if Leicester continue to be hit and miss

Leicester fans seem to think Maddison if he's going to move wants to go to London, and this Newcastle talk is likely his agent trying to get a better contract offer with them, apparently wants a similar deal to what has been offered to Tielemans.

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They've got Daniel Iversen who was brilliant at Preston last season.  Maybe he's being given the chance?

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They've got Daniel Iversen who was brilliant at Preston last season.  Maybe he's being given the chance?

Maybe so, but Schmeichel is a legend and a leader there, and he seems to slipping out quietly here. 

48 minutes ago, useless said:

Leicester fans seem to think Maddison if he's going to move wants to go to London, and this Newcastle talk is likely his agent trying to get a better contract offer with them, apparently wants a similar deal to what has been offered to Tielemans.

Forget the momey for a second why would any decent player unless your from the area want yo move to newcastle? Its not the best and weathers shite

Â