Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

17 mill + addons no doubt so not really  just 17 mill.

Seems only a Villa thing that when we buy someone it has to be reported as Fee and addons added together.

Still a very decent price for him and allows him time to settle in before Ndidi probably gets sold next summer for £50-60m.

This is what Leicester are great at, getting very good young players in as cover and blooding them so that they have a ready made replacement good to go when they sell the current first team player for big money. Continously growing the club in a settled Manor and increasing their turnover to try and compete with the financial advantage the 'big six' have. 

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Still a very decent price for him and allows him time to settle in before Ndidi probably gets sold next summer for £50-60m.

This is what Leicester are great at, getting very good young players in as cover and blooding them so that they have a ready made replacement good to go when they sell the current first team player for big money. Continously growing the club in a settled Manor and increasing their turnover to try and compete with the financial advantage the 'big six' have. 

Ndidi isn't really relavent to them buying Soumare. 

Soumare isn't a DMC he's more comparable to Tielemans. 

6 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Ndidi isn't really relavent to them buying Soumare. 

Soumare isn't a DMC he's more comparable to Tielemans. 

Even if he is my point still stands. They'd no doubt sell Tielemans for £60-70m.

7 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Even if he is my point still stands. They'd no doubt sell Tielemans for £60-70m.

Tielemans is good but no way goes 60 million. Whats the record transfer fee for a centre midfielder? 

Not that he will go for less but teams wont pay it

Edited by Zatman

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Tielemans is good but no way goes 60 million. Whats the record transfer fee for a centre midfielder? 

Not that he will go for less but teams wont pay it

Pogba went for nearly 90m a few years ago. City paid 62m for a CB last season and I suspect fees are going to sneak back up again next summer. Even if they got 40 or 50m for him it's still a good business model. 

• 1 month later...

In a friendly too - what on earth was he thinking sliding in like that. Fofana was set for a great season too, real shame. Leicester in a bit of trouble at CB now, with Evans injured at the moment as well.

Stark reminder we need to bring in a fourth CB before the window closes. Can't even think who we'd play there if we lost Mings and Konsa. Hause and Targett, with Young at LB? Bogarde?

Such a shame for the young lad, and a very bad tackle to be on the recieving end of in a friendly match. He looked a great buy last season and would have been looking to build on that impressive season. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, villa4europe said:

popped on their forum to see what they were saying about the ramsey goal, not a lot is the answer but im shocked at just how many of them want rodgers out!

I live in Leicester (yes I have my Villa scarf today :D)

The feeling is "its gone a bit stale", also Leicester fans know the second a decent job comes along he will be off in a heartbeat. Fans openly revolting against his starting lineup (no Perez, Iheanacho).

Seems a matter of time, although what manager will Leicester attract better than Rodgers? Be careful what you wish for!

Â