Leicester City

Villan4Life

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Didn’t realise their fan base was so Small Heathish.

They have a bunch of thugs that are desperate for someone to care. They act like we're their local rivals when Villa don't tend to give a shit about Leicester. Same with Forest, they care abou the Derby rivalry and mostly seemed a bit confused about Leicester fans being dickheads in town. As well as the dickhead on the pitch, they smashed up a few pubs full of families having their Sunday roast. Proper hard men.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They have a bunch of thugs that are desperate for someone to care. They act like we're their local rivals when Villa don't tend to give a shit about Leicester. Same with Forest, they care abou the Derby rivalry and mostly seemed a bit confused about Leicester fans being dickheads in town. As well as the dickhead on the pitch, they smashed up a few pubs full of families having their Sunday roast. Proper hard men.

Every club has them. We have our fair share.

Yesterday reminded me a lot of that first season when Blues got promoted and it was the first time in recently memory that there'd been a derby and what you got was a load of people who lost their heads.

What concerns me is the ease with which this sort of thing can happen. Like with the Grealish incident, that idiot could have been carrying a knife or anything. It's only a matter of time before we see the worst happen. No one wants to see fences or barriers return to grounds but I fear that's where we're heading if the minority with a dick as a small as their brain can't control themselves.

12 hours ago, chappy said:

Fans smashing up family pubs in Nottingham before the game too it seems. Having been around their fans at Witton station after our game in December, I can’t say I’m that surprised.

Yes, there were a fair few bottles being thrown out from the coach park after the game. Wasn't pleasant at all.

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

, there's something about the modern game where for reasons I'm not quite able to quite fathom, everyone expects permanence - Spurs fans think they'll always compete for the top four, Arsenal fans do too and Leicester fans have very quickly made a mental leap to the idea of permanently hovering in the Europa spots and perhaps pushing for Champions league.

You're right, but I think part of the reason, at least, is that income now is basically determined by where you finish, more so than at any other time. In the modern game, a top 4 finish and EuroTelly cup money means a very good opportunity to grow a club significantly. Do it a couple of times and you're going to have fans seeing the income and expecting their club to outbid many others for the better players, and to keep the ones they have. And ticket prices tend to go up so people demand more victories and more Euro games for their money. I don't think it's really the fans to blame there.

Historically Forest is a bigger club than Leicester, IMO, but 20 years outside the top league has made us maybe forget how they had such good sides in the late 70s and the 80s and even 90s. Leicester is struggling with injuries at the back, and with Vardy out and getting on a bit. They've done well, but like you say maybe aren't as big as other rivals or would be rivals and might struggle to get another run of excellence together in the next few years.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Didn’t realise their fan base was so Small Heathish.

They really aren't generally.  99% are as nice as most other fans, but again the small minority spoil it for everyone.   Hope that Leicester fan is made an example of and goes to jail.

• Like 1

I think its just down to their defence. A few injuries havent helped, Soyuncu is a shadow of his former self. Amartey is rubbish.  Last two seasons they have been brilliant but fell away a bit at the end. A FA Cup win as well, they havent done too badly under Rodgers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, I always though Coventry were Leicester's big rivals. 

I'm glad Forest smashed them - would like them back in the Premier League

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Or... he has come 5th twice and won the FA Cup. Great achievement for a team like Leicester. I'd kill for that. 

its a decent achievement but I think without the FA Cup they would have dumped him last summer. His self hype is incredible that he was favourite to be replacing Solskjaer and Pep at one stage. He cannot set up a defence and some of the bottle job performances have been incredible. Not just by throwing away Champions League 2 seasons in a row but even a 2 nil lead vs Liverpool kids in the cup

He is now favourite to be the next manager sacked

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yeah let's not forget Rogers was totally outwitted by Sherwood in that semi final. I mean it was probably a fluke but playing 2 no. 10's he didn't have a clue how to counter it

Legend has it that Gerrard got his inspiration for his preferred formation from that game. Sherwood the trailblazer.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive been to both. Nottingham is a nice city. Leicester is just a dive.

I know which one i would rather live at

i have lived in both.

Nottingham is very nice.

Leicester is a dump.

confirmed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Legend has it that Gerrard got his inspiration for his preferred formation from that game. Sherwood the trailblazer.

Gerrard has actually spent the international break shopping for gilets to rock vs Leeds

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The dreaded vote of confidence for Brendon Rogers today with Leicester now 11th and not looking likely to finish much higher than that.

They're an interesting club at the moment and hard to gauge.

What would you say is a successful league position for Leicester next season?

Â