Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Balague is a clown. he went from saying Falcao was 60 million to a loan deal earlier

The same Balague who said when Falcao joined Monaco last summer, it was only because Atletico wouldn't sell him direct to RM?

..and that he was in effect already a RM player, just spending a year at Monaco?

Guillem Balague always acts like he knows more than he actually does. We've made a bid so anything could happen.

Agreed, I am not saying he is incorrect here but I have heard him spout numerous times of deals that were going to happen involcing Spanish players and they never came to fruition.

He talks so much shit it is untrue, yet seems well respected?

Yep he had the 'Barry to Liverpool - it's all done and dusted' scoop a few years back.

Journalists who spend more time banging on about how 'in the know' they are as opposed serving up any actual content drive me nuts. 'As I revealed two weeks ago etc etc...'

If we do sign two players today and spend more than 10 mil total I might think Lerner is in advanced place on sales talk. Agreed to sanction some spending. But we've hardly spent much tbh.

Why ?

Just think we don't really need any more spending to be safe and have a decent season. So it's possible the new potential owners asked for a bit of funds to be released. But we really haven't spent a thing this summer. Two cheap signings after all. So a net spend of sub 15mil is hardly anything tbh.

No way whatsover that Canales leaves Real Sociedad to sign for Aston Villa

Obviously not - can't beleive everyone has gotten so excited over such a longshot of transfer.

Theres only a few hours left - we might just get a face saving 'Sylla type' transfer - but a huge dollop of reality is needed on this thread - and the samaritans are going to be busy @ 11.01pm tonight.

I dunno, it's not like he would cost £20m. He'd be a relatively cheap player on relatively cheap wages. I don't think it's out of the question we could attract a player like him. He would probably be shite for 6months anyway, he just has an exciting name, which is something we don't get very often so we as fans are naturally more excited by it. 

If we do sign two players today and spend more than 10 mil total I might think Lerner is in advanced place on sales talk. Agreed to sanction some spending. But we've hardly spent much tbh.

Why ?

Just think we don't really need any more spending to be safe and have a decent season. So it's possible the new potential owners asked for a bit of funds to be released. But we really haven't spent a thing this summer. Two cheap signings after all. So a net spend of sub 15mil is hardly anything tbh.

Agreed - that is possible - but our activity or non activity today - has no bearing on that - a buyer could come in at any time - but so far none has - a few weeks back Lerner said no buyer in place - but we bid for Cleverley and that changes the takeover prospects ....don't see it myself

They could all be signed sealed and delivered but Villa are awaiting to announce at 11pm along with our new owner who says hello boys and girls I come bearing gifts.

Then again we could get Marlon Harewood

things have gone flat very quickly

Based on what exactly? You can't have constant new links every single hour.

Course you can - that's the whole purpose of deadline day ;-)

It is a bit of a damp squib of a day though - especially when it seems that AVFC are one of the most active clubs....

----------------Benteke----------------

Grealish-------Canales--------Ayew

----------Delph-------Sanchez-------

?

What happened to the defence? :) Probably wont need any with that lineup!

That appears to be what UTD are going for getting Falcao in haha!