Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Canales history is pretty much what is about to happen to Isco.

Had an amazing breakthrough season, got snapped up by Real and was wasn't quite good enough to compete with all the big stars Real continues to buy.

Canales has been very unfortunate with injuries but if he can stay fit he has exceptional technique and vision.

Always a worry with someone who's been injuried that much thou

So he is like Isco,  hence the cheeky bid

Cheeky bids for everyone!!!!!!!!

that's a lot of central midfielders :mellow:

Your signature has confused the shit out of me for about 4 minutes there.

Took me a while but I couldn't get it quite right!

It just seems a little odd to sign Richardson and Cole early on, and then we go to sign Sanchez, and target an AM and CM, along with links to a winger. Bent and N'Zogbia were brought back into the team after being isolated so it does feel like something has changed between the early signings and now.

Just looking at Canales' actual playing record, he hasn't played too much over the past four seasons or so and has a modest record of goals and assists. Bit of a gamble?

If his name was Sam Clarke from Manchester rather than Sergio Canales from Spain I can imagine everybody would be rather pissed off about the link.
That depends if we'd heard of this Sam Clarke.

I know I've heard of Canales, so I don't think people are just getting excited about the name and club he's from.

• Like 2

Just looking at Canales' actual playing record, he hasn't played too much over the past four seasons or so and has a modest record of goals and assists. Bit of a gamble?

If his name was Sam Clarke from Manchester rather than Sergio Canales from Spain I can imagine everybody would be rather pissed off about the link.
That depends if we'd heard of this Sam Clarke.

I know I've heard of Canales, so I don't think people are just getting excited about the name and club he's from.

Agree I'd seen him play a bit pre Madrid, when there was an unbelievable amount of hype around him, the comparison with isco is a good one, I'd add muniain too, that was the kind of hype he was getting, and from what I've seen of him since it's not because of his ability not being there that he hasn't lived up to the hype, he simply hasn't played enough

Sergio Canales would be insane.  Actually insane.

Not that I've seen the guy play or anything, but he is (was?) godly on FM.  I can't remember the last FM-legit player we were linked with.

THIS SIGNING WOULD ROCK.

Man United fans not happy with Cleverly. Saying he's cost them £8m by no joining us. :lol:

:lol:

Cleverley: "Oh, they've bid for Canales? They might mean business. Okay, okay.. I'll take the £40k you originally offered"

Fox: "No, sorry. Because of your negotiating and our subsequent offer for Canales, we can now only offer you £25k p/w. Take it or leave it"

Cleverley: "...Are Hull still interested?"

• Like 1