Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

m97h1d.jpg

Tesco have signed Welbeck. We can forget that one.

Where the **** u get that haha. That is the tesco up the road from me. That black boy is always in there

Just a thought, but "that black boy" probably works there. :lol:

:) im goinna get a new picture next time im in there haha. Just crazy how his pic has popped up in this thread . I live in Essex . Not many Villa fans round here.

If we do sign two players today and spend more than 10 mil total I might think Lerner is in advanced place on sales talk. Agreed to sanction some spending. But we've hardly spent much tbh.

Why ?
Just think we don't really need any more spending to be safe and have a decent season. So it's possible the new potential owners asked for a bit of funds to be released. But we really haven't spent a thing this summer. Two cheap signings after all. So a net spend of sub 15mil is hardly anything tbh.

Agreed - that is possible - but our activity or non activity today - has no bearing on that - a buyer could come in at any time - but so far none has - a few weeks back Lerner said no buyer in place - but we bid for Cleverley and that changes the takeover prospects ....don't see it myself

Yeah it's a bit of a leap and guesswork. We'd need to go spend over 15 mil on two players this evening to give the idea legs. Lerner himself sanctioned trades prior to completion of his due diligence when he bought us.