Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Do deadline day deals ever go through when the player doesn't actually come to the UK? If we're going to sign Canales or Ayew they'd need to be on their way at this stage right?

Why? They have Doctors in Spain and I eve nbelieve they have computers and fax machines :)

I'm pretty much convinced that come11pm we will be disappointed and Lambert will wheel out the old 'we tried to make things happen but it just didn't come off' line just like every window. We will all be pissed off because the club have had months to do this...the world will keep on turning and we will still have glaring deficiencies in the squad.

Aston Villa have submitted a bid for Real Sociedad midfielder Sergio Canales. #AVFC #deadlineday

Pete O'Rourke is saying differently to Balague

O'Rourke saying we've bid - Balague saying no way he'll go. Guess both could be right.

Would imagine there would be some chance of it happening if we've gone ahead with a bid. Think there's always a bit of chat before formal bids are submitted.

Surely you are not advocating the method of tapping up?

Aston Villa have submitted a bid for Real Sociedad midfielder Sergio Canales. #AVFC #deadlineday

Pete O'Rourke is saying differently to Balague

O'Rourke saying we've bid - Balague saying no way he'll go. Guess both could be right.

Would imagine there would be some chance of it happening if we've gone ahead with a bid. Think there's always a bit of chat before formal bids are submitted.

Surely you are not advocating the method of tapping up?

No I mean the two clubs would talk before any formal bid submitted - they wouldn't just notice a fax from Villa lying in the inbox.

But I'm sure there may be some chatter through the agents even before that.

Edited by El-Reacho

I'm pretty much convinced that come11pm we will be disappointed and Lambert will wheel out the old 'we tried to make things happen but it just didn't come off' line just like every window. We will all be pissed off because the club have had months to do this...the world will keep on turning and we will still have glaring deficiencies in the squad.

Don't think you can blame lambert for it.  If nothing happens then you should look to the man who has allowed nearly every other team in the league to outspend us.

Not there yet though.