Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Fox squeezing randy?

Jake Humphrey (sp?) saying on twitter that Randy is "re-energised". No idea how he'd know that though.

Edit - already referenced in the Randy thread.

Edited by choffer

If he has only 1 year left on his deal then it makes even less sense to spend £8m on him. Surely that price can't be true or are we paying the Shane Long tackle goal premium?

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

I think Tom would actually do rather well here and competition for places in midfield would certainly be very strong but if the fee was around the 8 million reported, I'd be disappointed it wasn't spent elsewhere. 

Edited by JoeParker91
  • Like 1

signing Cleverly does makes some sense - we've sent Gardner and Sylla out on loan, sold Carruthers and KEA is looking to move back to Holland, which would only leave us with Delph, Westwood, Sanchez and Herd(!) to play in the middle of the park. The likes of N'Zogbia, Richardson, Bacuna  and Joe Cole are attacking or wide midfielders IMO.

We've been crying out for a stronger squad and bringing Cleverley in would certainly strengthen us and give us more options.

£8m is a little steep considering he's in the last year of his contract but it's not my cash!

Hopefully there'll be a little more left to sign a right winger too

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

You hope the club will start working on new deals once the window closes.

I hope so too - hopefully the replenishing of the squad and a good start to the season will be factors to getting the likes of Delph and Vlaar to sign on.

• Like 1

Why do i get the feeling were bringing this guy in advance because Delph will be on his way in the summer and won't commit his future to the club

I have to confess it crossed my mind as well. But hopefully this type of signing, if it goes ahead will help convince players like Delph and Vlaar to sign up and stay put.

• Like 1

I've always wondered what talent Lambert would bring in if he had money to spend. Well, it seems he's been given that money and he's choosing to spend it on Cleverley. 

Hhhmmmm....

Edited by PieFacE