Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

What chances did we create against newcastle?

I was about to ask the same.

There was the Nzogbia header from a tight angle and the free kick from 25 yards.

Oh and if Weimann would have passed to Agbonlahor and then if Gabby had ran with it and taken a shot then that would have been a good chance.

To sum up this presentation there were zero chances of any note in the Newcastle game.

• Like 1

My understanding of the Ki situation was that wages were ridiculously high, and he wanted win (or goal, can't remember) bonuses that would make him even worse value. If he'd have scored that goal for us at the start of the season it would have come to something like £75-80k for the week. Never going to happen was it?

There was the Nzogbia header from a tight angle and the free kick from 25 yards.

Oh and if Weimann would have passed to Agbonlahor and then if Gabby had ran with it and taken a shot then that would have been a good chance.

To sum up this presentation there were zero chances of any note in the Newcastle game.

Sounds about right. Which is why signing some creative attacking-midfielders has always been and remains the priority. Cleverley has never struck me as particularly creative nor as an attacking-midfielder.

Edited by Isa

Here's a link

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11061592/Aston-Villa-to-make-8million-bid-for-Manchester-United-midfielder-Tom-Cleverley.html

Paul Lambert is making an ambitious bid for Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley after getting the green light from Randy Lerner.

Lambert, the Aston Villa manager, is ready to offer around £8million for the England international as he bids to further strengthen his squad but is facing competition from Hull City and Everton.

Cleverley has been informed he can leave Old Trafford by new United manager Louis van Gaal and seems certain to join another club before the transfer window closes on Monday.

And Villa are set to step up their interest in the 25-year-old with a substantial bid which will represent a huge commitment from Lerner, the owner.

Lerner has put the club up for sale and is keen to step aside but has continued to back Lambert this summer, with around £12million on transfer fees and wages.

And he has agreed to back the Scot with the funds to offer Cleverley a fresh start at Villa Park, with sources claiming the bid has already gone in.

Cleverley's reputation has suffered severe damage in recent years and his future at United appears increasingly bleak.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

8mil..holy shit

I honestly think 8 mil for him is ALOT of money and if thats all we have thats a big commitment to make..he might do ok but just seems the kind of signing we would of made under O'Neill its not that inspiring 

£7million for Cleverly will never happen.

He’s out of contract in the summer, even we aren’t foolish enough to splurge £7million on an unproven 25 year old who will be a free agent in year times!

Yeah, he has only played Iin CL, for England and won the Premier League.

By that logic we should be bidding for Anderson. He’s a 26 year old Brazilian International who has won 2 Portuguese league Titles, 4 Premier League Titles and the Champions League.  

Would be cheaper than Cleverly too!

• Like 1

£7million for Cleverly will never happen.

He’s out of contract in the summer, even we aren’t foolish enough to splurge £7million on an unproven 25 year old who will be a free agent in year times!

Yeah, he has only played Iin CL, for England and won the Premier League.

By that logic we should be bidding for Anderson. He’s a 26 year old Brazilian International who has won 2 Portuguese league Titles, 4 Premier League Titles and the Champions League.  

Would be cheaper than Cleverly too!

No the point being that neither player is unproven. An unproven player is one who hasn't played at this level or a higher level, like say Lowton or Westwood.

Fee is supposedly 7 million. Wow maybe we are being taken over or Randy is worried about his investment! That would be about 15 million spent? 4.5 Sanchez. 2 million Cissohko. RIchardson minimal fee?

Id rather spend 7 million on someone other than cleverly...

8m? I didn't think we would be spending that type of money again under Lerner.

I can't recall seeing him play, nope I don't watch ManU unless they are playing Villa and even then I couldn't name more than a couple of their players as I have totally no interest in any other club. As for England hahaha I gave up watching that rubbish years ago.

If he signs I will judge him by what I see him do in a Villa shirt although with Lamberts track record I don't expect much.