Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Is he likely to score twenty goals or create any ? If not not **** interested

The weight of expectation on poor Benteke's shoulders to come back from a horror injury and be our only goal threat is **** ridiculous. He might take months to get up to speed, and he may NEVER get back to where he was.

Same goes for Kozak at a much lesser expectancy level of course

GET US A PROPER **** STRIKER IN FFS!

erm...no.

Unfortunately we also need a player like Cleverly. Lambert spent £14million on Benteke and Kozak, and we all know we're not made of money. All this is a bit harsh on Weimann anyway - he's got one in two so far!

Ideally I'd agree we need someone, but with Bent still here eating up wages I don't think we can afford the fee and wages for a first choice striker. Maybe a loan? Here's hoping. I doubt it though.

I can see the logic in this signing if Cleverly is played in a more advanced role.  

__________________Guzan_________________

__Hutton___Senderos______Vlaar___Cissokho__

__________Sanchez_______Westy____________
_N'Zogbia_________Cleverly________Delph_____

_________________Benteke__________________

You can see why another midfield grafter is high on the list of priorities ... NOT

Westwood's played better than Delph so far this season, and with the arrival of Sanchez should be given licence to use his passing talents a bit further up the pitch alongside Delph

Where's the width/creativity/goals coming from ?

• Like 1

I can see the logic in this signing if Cleverly is played in a more advanced role.  

__________________Guzan_________________

__Hutton___Senderos______Vlaar___Cissokho__

__________Sanchez_______Westy____________

_N'Zogbia_________Cleverly________Delph_____

_________________Benteke__________________

Delph's shown nothing to show he can play wide. Not to mention he adds no goal threat

Cleverley is good enough for our team but I've never seen anything from him to suggest he is the type of midfielder we need. Not creative enough and another player better suited to a possession side.

Edit: That's 'Westy' definitely on the bench if he signs.

Edited by Isa

You can see why another midfield grafter is high on the list of priorities ... NOT

Westwood's played better than Delph so far this season, and with the arrival of Sanchez should be given licence to use his passing talents a bit further up the pitch alongside Delph

If you listen to people re: cleverly, if he was played more advanced he could add the creativity we're after. Width, no...goals, no, but he can't do the job of an attacking midfielder, winger and a striker. He's just ONE signing, and Lambert said he was after two, so maybe you just need a bit of patience.

I do doubt we'll get a striker though because of the wages and fees as I said earlier.

---------------------Guzan-----------------------

Hutton---------Vlaar----Senderos---Cissokho

--------------------Sanchez------------------------

-------------Cleverley----Delph-----------------

N'Zogbia---------Benteke---------Agbonlahor

• Like 3

Who should we be signing?

a **** striker!

If you listen to people re: cleverly, if he was played more advanced he could add the creativity we're after

People say the same about Delph, but it's all based on presumption rather than anything we've seen to back it up

Unless Delph's being sold and Cleverly's coming in to replace him as the workhorse of course

a **** striker!

On top of Weimann, Agbonlahor, Bent, Benteke and Kozak?

a **** striker!

But how much is it going to cost in wages and fees! How much have we already spent on strikers! Do you not think that one that's going to make any difference may be out of our reach?

Also, Kozak and Benteke are on their way back, so your use of our transfer budget feels a bit short term.

It gets a bit tiring that every player we are linked to is either shit or not good enough for us. I think we need to look at the comments on Cissokho, Richardson and Senderos who so far haven't been shit or terrible as the original hysteria suggested. If and it's a big if, if he does sign lets see how he performs. We are hardly an attractive proposition ourselves at the moment.

• Like 2

so the bid actually been accepted too? Awesome. We may be able to keep the ball a bit longer to create something. Theres a reason why were always 40% possession in the PL. Our midfield is poor. Delph Sanchez and Cleverly will help. Still need another winger/wide forward and i will be happy with what we have done.