Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

In what world has Cleverley managed to justify an £8 million price tag? I wouldn't even pay that for him whilst he is in the middle of his contract, let alone his final year.

So true. Its just like a few millions have to be added if a player is from Uniteds academy and english.

Im undecided on Cleverly.

At the first mention of his name i was distraught. My dad just laughed when i mentioned when we'd been linked. He was very poor last season and hasnt made a great start this season (admittedly too soon to judge). However i remember a few seasons ago when i would have been very excited by this deal as he looked a very good and importantly attack minded player. So fingers hoping we'd play him further up the field and he'd refind his form (if Hutton can do it anyone can!)

The other issue i have though is the money reported. £8m, even in this current crazy transfer window (£11m for Ross McCormack!?) thats alot of money on a player who has struggled recently. Albeit he does come with PL and int experience which adds to the pricetag. Additionally i fear his wages may be very high, especially compared to some of our other players and that could be an unsettling factor. Id much rather give Delph a new juicer contract than pay Cleverly 50k for example

The jury is still out on this one but all the same its just nice to see some transfer activity and speculation at least! 

8 million could be used to put in a bid for Milner as he's only got a year left on his contract?

And his 120k/week wages?
If we somehow found buyers for Gabby and Bent that'd free around 100k a week?
Good point. I wonder who is in the market for underperforming/shit strikers.