Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

All this talk of strikers is nonsense. We need a tricky winger.

Yeah because Bent, Gabby and Weimann have it all covered don't they ?

Are you seriously expecting Benteke & Kozak to come back with a bang after such severe injuries ? It could take them months to get back up to speed ... IF they ever do. Plenty of players NEVER regain their touch/form after such bad injuries

Talk about taking a gamble

Not that I don't think we need another striker, but there are also plenty of strikers who come back from injury fine.

and there are plenty that don't. we appear to be risking it all on TWO coming back as if nothing ever happened

i wouldn't rate those chances as high

"That's 'Westy' definitely on the bench if he signs"

"In my opinion, this means 'Westy' will be seen on the bench rather than in the starting eleven"

Spot the opinion.

As I said, it's clear that anything I post is purely my opinion and nothing else. But you continue with your obtuseness.

http://postimg.org/image/ghgcm8bf9/

• Like 1

We have come to rely on Benteke too much. He is such a vital player to the way we play/attack. He drops in deep and collects the ball and holds it up.. his passing is so underrated for a big man as well. He would spread it wide and run centrally to wait for a cross. I hope he is back soon.

Cleverly would fit in with our squad. Besides Westwood isn't leaving. So its KEA he would be replacing. Definite upgrade. I hope its a loan with a view to permanent. If hes shit we just let him go. (He would be off contract anyway)

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Has every signing bar Sanchez we've made drawn groans from the majority on here? I think Senderos and Cissoko would have shown Premier League experienced players with some drive are what we need. I think on the budget he has had Lambert has done stunning work this window if we land this lad. It'll be some massive change to the dressing room to have all these experienced lads in and Keane there too. Great competition for places. 

We are married to the 4-5-1 / 5-3-2 formation now though. 3 Central midfielders is now a certainty every game. Still need another right winger. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

Am I the only one thinking that maybe we need a winger as a priority?

All this talk of strikers is nonsense. We need a tricky winger.

Yeah i'd agree with you there. I think we need both tbh but yes.

I'd try and get Cleverly and Welbeck from Utd to be honest.

Cleverly adds further competition to our midfield and perhaps a more attacking threat.  Welbeck proved that he can play on the left of a front 3 for England (I actually thought he had a very good world cup individually in that role).  Him and N'Zog either side of Benteke when he's back would be a great front line.

We are married to the 4-5-1 formation now though. Still need another right winger. 

And if we get one then the Cleverley signing (fee and wages notwithstanding) would seem like good business. My fear is that our limited budget hasn't got room for both and we end up with Cleverley instead of a winger.

Unless of course he plays in the 3 behind the striker like he did at Wigan, but then we're hoping he shows more creative ability than he has done so far in the PL.

Fee is supposedly 7 million. Wow maybe we are being taken over or Randy is worried about his investment! That would be about 15 million spent? 4.5 Sanchez. 2 million Cissohko. RIchardson minimal fee?

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Fee is supposedly 7 million. Wow maybe we are being taken over. That would be about 15 million spent? 4.5 Sanchez. 2 million Cissohko. RIchardson minimal fee?

If we sign him, it would be the best transfer window for years

source?

TBAR. He broke the news we were after him August 12. No idea if he knows anything. Hence the supposedly. He is in the last year of his contract but hes an English player.. so its reasonably priced.

£7m for Cleverly? That's a good way to waste the little money we have.

Not if we get Wellbeck or a wide forward/striker on loan as well. Depends what we do.. lets wait and see how we do.

£7m for Cleverly? That's a good way to waste the little money we have.

Not if we get Wellbeck or a wide forward/striker on loan as well. Depends what we do.. lets wait and see how we do.

It's not like we can do any other. lol