Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

so if Delph or Westwood got injured.. who replaces them?

yeah we need Cleverley. Good depth. Lambert hopes to bring in another player. I think it will be a wide forward on loan

• Like 1

The thing is, Cleverley will surely improve us but without any of our attackers having the brain to take good runs between other teams defensive lineup his build up play will never be used. He will either pass it to Delph or just to our defenders as Gabby is Gabby and Weimann hates the ball. But with Benteke back then we are talking!

As for what has changed. I think that in May, RL thought he'd be selling the club. Fast forward two-three months and he realises this isn't happening, well not soon, and he needs to protect the club's status in order to sell it in the future. If he can't sell it now then he will certainly struggle to shift a Championship team.

I'd be surprised if we went for a striker when we have five already and really on play with one as the main guy. Unless we're going for the kind of striker who drops off a little like Zola. Other than that wouldn't be surprised if we went for a short term fix like Holte was last season.

8 million could be used to put in a bid for Milner as he's only got a year left on his contract?

Seconded
OH FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY PLEASE LET GO OF JAMES MILNER.

(Sorry. It's the only reaction I have left in me.)

I deeply apologise for speculating in the speculation thread.

Still need a winger with some skill and a good cross. Wonder if Lerner has said to Lambert that we can bring in 2 players before Monday's deadline.

Would like to think Lambert knows exactly what he's got to spend on wages and fees and has done from the outset of the window. He can hardly put together a coherent transfer strategy if Lerner's approves things on a deal by deal basis.

This 'our midfield is already good enough' argument: Is it really? We haven't been creating chances from anywhere except counter attacks (and benteke's ability) for two years, and while it has a lot to do with tactics, our midfield may be the reason for those tactics. Westwood and Delph are ok, I like them. Richardson and N'zogbia have looked good too, but I think if we get just a bit more quality - and I believe Cleverley could offer that - it can all of a sudden look like we won't need a striker either.

When Benteke and Kozak are both back do you think it will be The Beast on his own with Libor on the bench? I can imagine them doing some real damage playing together but just don't see how it work...

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Senderos Cissokho

N'Zogbia Sanchez Delph Richardson

Benteke Kozak

??

Thats my strongest team aswell

Tom cleverly is better than delph & Westwood. He came to vp last year playing in one of the worst Man U teams I've seen and played centre midfield with a 39 year old giggs and bossed the game and scored.

Cleverly in & kea, Sylla & Gardner out.

If we spend 8m it means there is money for the right players

If we have £8mil I would go to Norwich and offer £8mil for Redmond and Bassong, send Clark on loan for a season the other way to sweeten it and get him off the books. Would be very pleased if that happened

Agreed. If this deal happens (and KEA gets sold, as expected), we'll have Sanchez and Cleverly instead of Sylla and El-Ahmadi. Isn't that a massive, massive upgrade?

Yes, yes it is.

vxOozh.gif

• Like 1

use the money put aside for Cleverley and bid the £8.5mil release clause for Remy :D

Oddly I think that only applies to teams in the Champions League.

.....or at least teams he would want to go to.