Grant Holt

samjp26

Holt is on the downward spiral! He should be taking it easy in the Conference or League 2 at the most!

Lambert has lost the plot completely! This is the worst signing I have ever seen at the Villa!

Then I can only deduce you are not very old.

I've seen worse ,  a lot worse.

• Like 1

I think if holt had been signed when lambert first came, most people wouldn't have minded that much even if they really didn't rate Holt. However, to be fed all the young and hungry lines last yr, sign numerous other strikers and then sign a player who has dropped down a league and still struggled, it's fairly obvious why people (including myself) are frustrated by this signing. Yes we need experience I think everyone knows that, but surely it would be better served in midfield or defence.

Edited by mikeyp102

Holt is on the downward spiral! He should be taking it easy in the Conference or League 2 at the most!

Lambert has lost the plot completely! This is the worst signing I have ever seen at the Villa!

That's where you would be wrong Dickie!

Seen some real shockers since the mid 70's but this is just complete and utter lunacy!

Seems to be lots of over reaction on here. It's a short term loan for a player Lambert has worked well with before. I think he knows the tricks of the trade and will hopefully be able to pass on the benefit of his experience.

Maybe give him a chance before unleashing your vitriol?

• Like 3

Expecting..........

.steak_1368896c.jpg

Well have......................

menu-welcome-burger.jpg

Without the lettuce.

You make it sound like he'll be our only signing.

IF we signed someone decent - someone destined for the first XI each week, would your post apply.

It is possible to have steak and hamburger in the same window.  

If we don't end up signing anyone of decent quality, I doubt it's because we've taken a loanee from Wigan for a few months.

Er nope, that's why it's in the Grant Holt thread.

I really do hope he isn't our only signing.

Bennett, Tonev, Helenius, Bowery.....

Good Move.

Can't wait until he scores in front of the Holte - imagine the headlines....

What headlines? 'Fat word removed scores shocker'?

What a load of shite. If he scores goals you'll still treat him like this?

Disgrace.

Not too worried because that's a big fat IF!!!

Lambert signing a Conference quality player is the disgrace!!!

What? You clearly called him a 'word removed' for scoring a goal in the stated hypothetical. Nothing was about his ability at all. The situation was 'holt scores in front of the holte' and you said you'd call him a word removed.

That's totally pathetic, well done.

• Like 1

Uhh he hasn't even signed yet.

Well that can only be judged after he plays.

All the same Richard, if you take our current form and our position in the table into account, then signing Grant Holt in his current form, on loan from a struggling championship club must be close to the bottom of the barrel in terms of our signings?

Seems to be lots of over reaction on here. It's a short term loan for a player Lambert has worked well with before. I think he knows the tricks of the trade and will hopefully be able to pass on the benefit of his experience.

I agree with this,

He may be under performing at Wigan or whatever or simply doesn't suit their style of play or something... Lambert knows him inside out and can obviously see he can do a job here for 6 months. 

Also don't underestimate the influence of having a strong character in the dressing room.. Maybe that has come into it too?

Edited by danceoftheshamen

I agree with this,

He may be under performing at Wigan or whatever or simply doesn't suit their style of play or something... Lambert knows him inside out and can obviously see he can do a job here for months. 

Well, I have to say I'm completely underwhelmed by Lambert's coaching ability.  Most players have taken a step backwards from last year, and now he's going to have the additional task of getting Row-land fit.  I can see the excuses if he does sign.  It'll be a few weeks to get him into any sort of shape, then the lumbering oaf will haul his carcass around the pitch to little effect, only to be excused because we wouldn't create any chances for him.

Well, if anything, this has really split opinion on here.

Nothing new there then?

FWIW, having slept on it, I do sort of get it. We do have strikers, but the majority of them are'nt productive atm and Lambert will possibly know best how to use Holt. I don't think he'll get used as much as some fear, but there are definitely games where his 'rough-handed' style could work out for us.

I will, however, be sooooo disappointed if Lambert does'nt pull a half-decent AM out of the hat.

Quite, he may turn us down because we won't offer him the chance to play decent football.

Quite, he may turn us down because we won't offer him the chance to play decent football.

Fingers Crossed!

Â