Grant Holt

samjp26

I haven't got an issue with this signing, if.....

• It is only on loan until the end of the season, as we could do with some cover for Kozak
  • The cost to the club for 5 months is quite low (i.e. reasonable wages only) and doesn't impact on our ability to do other business
  • It doesn't disrupt the obviously good atmosphere within the dressing room (what is the proper man comment about?!

Frankly, I have no idea who else we could get. If we brought in Guidetti and he did well, we would only be doing Man City a favour and hindering our youngsters progress, but if he did shit we needed more experience.

However, if we sign no-one else - I expect choas.

If we brought in Guidetti and he did well, we would only be doing Man City a favour and hindering our youngsters progress

Whereas bringing in Holt ... does what to help our youngsters or first team ?

Meanwhile Hull look to sign Shane Long and Nikica Jelavic

interestingly, Mirror article yesterday said "Lambert had looked at Everton’s Nikica Jelavic but refused to pay the asking price and wages - with Holt a cheaper option."

assume we were looking at loan, while reported figure for Hull's permanent deal is £6.5m, which is a lot for someone who has struggled badly this season.

interestingly, Mirror article yesterday said "Lambert had looked at Everton’s Nikica Jelavic but refused to pay the asking price and wages - with Holt a cheaper option."

assume we were looking at loan, while reported figure for Hull's permanent deal is £6.5m, which is a lot for someone who has struggled badly this season.

£6.5 for Jellyfish?! Does nothing to cull the stereotype of robbing Scousers!

3 league goals between them this season and be on treble the wages of Holt between them

Only 16 starts between them though. That said Shane Long is a very good player and would only add to our squad. Would rather see him on the pitch than Weimann never mind Holt. But hey ho you pays your money.

• Like 1

Â