Grant Holt

samjp26

I know i'll probably get abuse for saying this, but the more i think about this loan signing, i think its a really good bit of business.

Lambert can get the best out of Holt and Holt is really good in around the box playing 1-2's etc.  Just because Wigan cant get the best out of him doesnt mean Lambert cant.

Plus... and on a bigger positive, him and betekke up front will be a real handful also letting Gabby to be freed up to play on the left middle.

Yep - recall how they all scoffed at Columbus when he said the world was round............

Grant Holt currently at Villa Park for his medical and to discuss personal terms. #wafc #avfc

His medical should be interesting, I can imagine the digital scales now:

"One at a time please"

God forbid there is one of those running 'bleep' tests...

I f**king hated that at skool... :D

Welcome, Sir Grant of Holte... :P

I'm a little hungover and I might have done one too many Holt impressions by treating to eat the whole of KFC last night but I've calmed down a bit.

If I squint my eyes and tilt my head and the wind is just right, I can sort of see the rationale BUT (and this is a J. Lo sized butt) only of he's used a as an occasional sub or if Benteke goes down.

If he and Benteke start together, I'll have something I hate more than our "5-3-2"

He's fat

He's shit

He'll eat our **** pitch

Grant Holt, Grant Holt

(Fade to end)

Yeah shout that from the Terrace.......that will bring out the best in him......

He's fat

He's shit

He'll eat our **** pitch

Grant Holt, Grant Holt

(Fade to end)

Yeah shout that from the Terrace.......that will bring out the best in him......

Hopefully he'll never get on the pitch. 

Well we signed another 30+ striker with an even more dubious skill set from Wigan in the January window some years ago,  if only that had been a temporary signing

Holt is far better player...

Not disagreeing there.  Just pointing out it makes sense,  and especially as it is short term.  

Â