Grant Holt

samjp26

Quick question :  Carlton Cole or Grant Holt? 

And that makes it ok?

Ok then name a better alternative that would come in on a short term loan?  Or would you be happy to turn to Bowery or Helenius?

Here we go with the name a better alternative usually found in the manager thread.

Firstly I dont know who is available, secondly I have no idea on budget constraints. However I would very much prefer to see Helenius play and as for Bowery well its likely that he isnt much worse than a man who is overweight, struggling with fitness and cant get into a Wigan side that has been playing midfielders up front.

Good Move.

Can't wait until he scores in front of the Holte - imagine the headlines....

What headlines? 'Fat word removed scores shocker'?

Flying Pigs spotted and Hell Freezes Over 

(Daily Express: Immigrants cause bad weather)

• Like 1

I don't see the problem with this signing. He's scored goals at all levels. He puts himself about. And I believe him to have a football brain. Although not to the same extent I think we will be pleasantly surprised just like we was with Keane. It's about time we have a mister nasty and someone in our team with a bit of weight to throw about. Yes I agree he's not what we all wanted but surely a vastly experienced player to help out the younger lads is exactly what we've been crying out for. Yes it's underwhelming but not a bad signing by all accounts

• Like 1

People go on about hoofball as if it is all we are ever gonna play under Lambert but when he was Norwich manger he played 4-2-3-1 a lot with 2 holding midfielders an attacking midfielder, 2 wingers and a striker. They would get plenty of crosses into the box and it is how we will start playing if we get in the right players this window imo. We will then at least have a couple of different game plans.

Quick question : Carlton Cole or Grant Holt?

I don't see how Holt signing for us would make us play that formation? The formation you suggest would imply Holt being up top on his own, which should never happen for us and won't happen I hope.

Quick question :  Carlton Cole or Grant Holt? 

And that makes it ok?

Ok then name a better alternative that would come in on a short term loan?  Or would you be happy to turn to Bowery or Helenius?

Here we go with the name a better alternative usually found in the manager thread.

Firstly I dont know who is available, secondly I have no idea on budget constraints. However I would very much prefer to see Helenius play and as for Bowery well its likely that he isnt much worse than a man who is overweight, struggling with fitness and cant get into a Wigan side that has been playing midfielders up front.

Personally I'd take a striker with 25 goals over the past 2 seasons than a supporting striker that has played less than 45 minutes in the league and scored no goals.    

Good Move.

What a load of shite. If he scores goals you'll still treat him like this?

Disgrace.

• Like 1

As for Grant Holt, my opinion is that its not too bad a short term signing and can understand the logic behind it............

what gets me is if we need another cover forward, then why isn't the chairman / CEO questioning the reason we bought Bowery and Helenius in the first place, if they are deemed not good enough to get on the pitch........

Similar the link with Naughton, another decent player who would improve our side, but wouldn't the money be better spend elsewhere (ie improving our pathetic midfield) rather than another fullback !?!!? If he does, again the chairman should be questioning the wisdom of signing Bennett and Luna in the first place and spunking big wages on Hutton, love him or hate him, hes an international full back sitting in the stand tugging his balls............

I don't see the problem with this signing. He's scored goals at all levels. He puts himself about. And I believe him to have a football brain. Although not to the same extent I think we will be pleasantly surprised just like we was with Keane. It's about time we have a mister nasty and someone in our team with a bit of weight to throw about. Yes I agree he's not what we all wanted but surely a vastly experienced player to help out the younger lads is exactly what we've been crying out for. Yes it's underwhelming but not a bad signing by all accounts

No.  It's a TERRIBLE signing.  He's massively unfit, way past his best and not even cut out for the Championship any more, according to my mate who's a Wigan season ticket holder.  If Holt had anything left in him he'd be tearing up the Championship, but he's too slow even for that level.  He's 33 in a couple of months, and absolutely not the sort of player we should be signing, "Proper Man!" or not.

People go on about hoofball as if it is all we are ever gonna play under Lambert but when he was Norwich manger he played 4-2-3-1 a lot with 2 holding midfielders an attacking midfielder, 2 wingers and a striker. They would get plenty of crosses into the box and it is how we will start playing if we get in the right players this window imo. We will then at least have a couple of different game plans.

Quick question : Carlton Cole or Grant Holt?

I don't see how Holt signing for us would make us play that formation? The formation you suggest would imply Holt being up top on his own, which should never happen for us and won't happen I hope.

I never said Holt signing for us would make us play that formation, I said it is how we will play if we get the right players in.  

Good Move.

What a load of shite. If he scores goals you'll still treat him like this?

Disgrace.

Not too worried because that's a big fat IF!!!

Lambert signing a Conference quality player is the disgrace!!!

Â