Grant Holt

samjp26

He scored 25 goals for Norwich in the PL and they didn't just play hoof ball. He clearly had the footballing ability to play in the PL then. Whether he does now is another question entirely.

First Jordan Bowery now this, you are somehow trying to defend PL's possible signing of Grant Holt on loan, **** hell.

It's like you don't even read what is being posted.

By your statement it strongly suggests you're trying to defend the possible signing, '25 goals for Norwich' and 'they didn't play hoof ball' etc. Just another decision that warrants PL's sacking, adding to the lacklustre performance yesterday evening. 

It's like the bolded part of my post isn't even there.

I can see it plain and clear fella but you still look like you want to see big Grant Holt up front playing a starring role at VP lol.

lol m8 yeh ur totally rite i luv a bit of grant lol

I'll leave it there as I think you want to dream about the front pairing of Bowery and Holt banging in the goals this season at VP. **** hell I can't wait to see that.

And you carry on creating your own arguments because I didn't once say that Bowery was a good signing, nor that Holt would be a good signing. In fact, I said the total opposite. That I don't rate Holt. The fact you keep bringing the Bowery thing up when it's been done and dusted twice now I think shows that you have no more ideas.

If you're being sincere, this is frightening because you're showing a complete lack of any sort of reading comprehension which is pretty worrying for somebody hoping to go into a profession where you have to be able to read.

Toodles.

Another little personal dig there lol, you do seem to love an argument on here don't you fella. You decided to offer some points into the debate into why GH wouldn't be so bad a signing, says it all really #clueless

1) Apologies for sounding adolescent but 'you started it'.

2) I decided to explore the logic behind the potential signing.

3) You got personal first with your pathetic attempt to discredit me by mentioning the Bowery thing which wasn't even true and by claiming that I wanted to see Bowery and Holt up front.

4) I thought you were 'leaving it there'?

Yawn, how do I ignore posts I don't want to see. PM please ;)

Your debating skill and wit has no bounds. Bing

Edited by StefanAVFC

The football sensation Grant Holt will save the villa, don't worry guys

Hilarious.

Yerp, signing grant holt is hilarious

Oh no please stop my sides, my sides.........

If he acheives nothing, he will have cost a little for nothing.  If he gains us 3 points, he will have turned a profit.  Why not have, as a starting point, that your Manager wants the player, the Player wants to come, and that we will support him unless and until such a time he does n't deserve it ?

Oh no, that would n't be very clever would it ?

The football sensation Grant Holt will save the villa, don't worry guys

Hilarious.
Yerp, signing grant holt is hilarious

Oh no please stop my sides, my sides.........

If he acheives nothing, he will have cost a little for nothing. If he gains us 3 points, he will have turned a profit. Why not have, as a starting point, that your Manager wants the player, the Player wants to come, and that we will support him unless and until such a time he does n't deserve it ?

Oh no, that would n't be very clever would it ?

It wasn't meant to be funny. I'm not starting a debate about it at one in the morning. You can start that with someone else from the other 13 pages

I don't think a thread has ever wound me up as much as this one.

End of the day if Holt signs, pulls on our shirt and gives his all I will be 100% behind him just like every other player and the Manager.

However, I'm still baffled at the logic behind this. It suggests the back up strikers aren't as good as a backup championship striker. It suggests a player that will be able to fit into hoofball tactics. I am glad for the experience in the dressing room and the good character around but I would have preferred them to play a higher level of football in a different position

We don't need to sign another striker we already have two big (Benteke and Helenius) and two small (Gabby and Weimann) forwards. We rarely play two big strikers up top, normally its one big and one small, e.g. Gabby and Benteke against Arsenal last night. We need a number 10, centre-back and winger please.

Edited by Avflife

We don't need to sign another striker we already have two big (Benteke and Helenius) and two small (Gabby and Weimann) forwards. We rarely play two big strikers up top, normally its one big and one small, e.g. Gabby and Benteke against Arsenal last night. We need a number 10, centre-back and winger please.

I know a couple of women who have two big strikers up top. Oh! & I know a couple of women with one big one & one small one too.

Come to think of it I think I know a few woman who are very striking indeed. ;)

I actually find it hilarious that there are a group of people on here who actually really beleive they know

better than the Manager about who else he might be signing (the 'not a priority' people);

better than our fitness staff (he is fat etc etc - (in fact some of the most needlessly insulting comments about a prospective Villa player I have ever heard);

and they know how unimportant and embarrassing it is that PL thinks Holts maturity may matter - despite PL having actually worked with the player and, unlesss I am mistaken, none of the derisory bunch having done so.

And they all know we 'have enough strikers'.

They really think they really do 'know' so much about football that they appear to 'know' our Manager is an idiot.

Yet those self same people appear to be totally unaware how silly they sound.

No, Holt is not a top draw player. Yes, it does - or might - give an indication as to where we are with wages etc.

But he may well be able to play a worthwhile role - perhaps the Manager isn't an idiot ?

I see your point but if the links to Hoolahan, Naughton and now Holt are all true (i.e. all ex-players of his) then it suggests the manager is running out of ideas and is starting to panic.

By signing players that played really good for him?  I'd say it looks more like he is trying to get players that he knows what they are all about and he can get the best out of them!  Would make a difference from him having to sign players that are unproven and a gamble!

On the bright side he won't have to do much to eclipse our loanee from last season Simon Dawkins.

A poor mans version of Emile Heskey if we're lucky.

From the recent pictures he looks like Jan Mölby

I love one guy has even said - ' I know he is fat because he looks fat ' !

There you go Randy, and all the other owners, you can scrap science, medicine, fitness tests - just get this guy to 'look' at players......................FFS

Picture the scene. A man is walking down the road, I am walking towards him. I see him, and notice he is fat. Am I a gifted human being for making this observation? Or am I a complete fool for suggesting he is fat? Should I have hired a professional medical team to make sure I am right?

I don't really understand how you think that you need science to see if people are fat. It is a word used to describe people who look, or appear visually if you prefer, to be overweight. It is also to a certain extent an opinion. I just really don't get what you are trying to say

Well all signings are related to budgets ? If PL had 100 million and the wages to back it up it is fair for fans to assume he would try something else - unless they have expertly concluded the Manager is an idiot !

but if we have very little money then surely that makes wasting any of it on another striker even worse?

we have 2/3 more important positions requiring attention

Although I don't see us pulling any starlets out of the bag, I'd imagine this would not have happened if there wasn't money to fulfil other positions that Lambert has already spoken about ('number 10'). Unless of course there is no money and Holt is being brought in to solidify the hoof ball tactic, which is basically my major worry.

Well he said he is working on a few deals so at this stage its looking likely that we will be bringing in other players

Â