Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

The player clearly wanted to come, our manager did want to sign him but his club did not want to sell him to us for the money Lambo was able to offer. A sorry ending for the player and for me it says a lot about both clubs.     

comes to something when we can't sign a player most of us don't want....maybe someone up there is saving us from ourselves.

This club of ours has had some funny (weird)periods....we are certainly in one right now.

• Like 1

Quite strange all this...if one of our players called our club a **** shithouse I couldn't wait to sell him. But saying that I can't say I'm to disappointed in missing out on a player who disrespected a club he's served for quite a few years.

We've had enough rocket polishers donning the famous claret and blue in the last few years, I don't think we need anymore.

• Like 1

comes to something when we can't sign a player most of us don't want....maybe someone up there is saving us from ourselves.

This club of ours has had some funny (weird)periods....we are certainly in one right now.

I have for many years said that Villa Park must be cursed because someone in the  distant past  refused  to buy the lucky heather or wooden clothes pegs to hang out the players gear on a Monday washing day to  dry.

Whatever the reason there is no doubt in my mind that what  you say TRO is almost true. This club of ours hasn't had "some"  funny periods, Truth is that we are always having a funny period.

Once we get used to this foible of AVFC, it makes everything else so much easier to understand. We support an extremely eccentric  club. A club  that in one half of a game makes  you think they are beyond brilliant and then in the next half makes you think that  they are a club of toddlers  that can't kick  a ball or make a tackle even if their life depended  on it.

I for one don't think that  Hoolahan  was the  answer  for  our  #10   needs and I am just as happy  that Lambert  and Faulkner didn't pay over the odds for a player that more than likely would have been massacred by the  fickle ones at B6.  Perhaps we all dodged a bullet in that respect.

This "funny period"  you refer to that we are in now  reminds me a lot of  the time when after losing to  Donny Rovers in the League Cup, DOL  was unable to bring in the oft injured  Erik Bakke.

Funny  how often history gets repeated  at B6. All we  need  now is for a  sighting of  Groundhogs at Villa Park and the circle of exasperation will continue.

You don't have to have a sense of humour  to  support   Aston Villa, but it helps  if you do. Otherwise you'd be a victim of forlorn hopes and expectations.

I feel sorry  for Hoolahan though. He missed an opportunity  to join a great club and one has to question the ethics  of those that prevented  such a player from practicing his craft at a club that wanted  to play him as opposed to a club that would just keep him warming a bench.

• Like 4

Not only do I wish this particular topic was locked but also deleted forever!!!! lol.

We will never know if we dodged a bullet or if he was the difference between Villa being Champions of Europe again.#

# Yes I was taking the P, no I was not being serious so no need for someone to get the arse.

No one has 'won' in this situation - neither of the clubs or the player...

I honestly though Hoolahan could've added something to our attack (but I'm not gutted we've not been able to sign him)

Fair play to Naaaarrrwich - they've stuck to their guns but have also retained the services of a disgruntled employee who I doubt will feature for them again before the season ends due to his comments and the clubs unwillingness to deal with AVFC (which does smack of pettiness)

I doubt we'll go back in for him in the Summer though - although he could be cheaper as he'll be in the Championship then ( ;) )

• Like 2

I honestly though Hoolahan could've added something to our attack (but I'm not gutted we've not been able to sign him)

Fair play to Naaaarrrwich - they've stuck to their guns but have also retained the services of a disgruntled employee who I doubt will feature for them again before the season ends due to his comments and the clubs unwillingness to deal with AVFC (which does smack of pettiness)

I doubt we'll go back in for him in the Summer though - although he could be cheaper as he'll be in the Championship then ( ;) )

With ruddy Hughton at the helm you'll get no arguement from me on that. :(

• Like 1

With ruddy Hughton at the helm you'll get no arguement from me on that. :(

You'll be going down even with Guardiola in charge

Norwich are the losers in this. They have an unhappy player and a fair amount of disruption in the squad - Becchio etc. (not to mention the fans don't seem to have faith in the manager)

I'm not saying I blame them, I actually like the club. But I can see them getting relegated.

Kept stating that we would sign him and bitterly disappointed that we did not as he would have given us something we have been missing for some considerable time now.

Not slating our own board or manager for this, rather I didn't factor in how another club could be so unprofessional and vindictive.

I don't like seeing clubs like Norwich referred to as 'shithouse little clubs' or stuff like that. We all make up the football league, no matter what our differences and all have a role to play, whether you're Brentford or Man Utd. And most of us are at the mercy, occasionally, of the moronic egotists that pull the purse strings.

I would imagine the majority of Canaries wanted Hoolahan sold, especially for those comments he made, but as we saw it descended into some childish game between grown men with short arms and deep pockets. Totally uneccesary behaviour, which should be put to bed.

Norwich have every right to keep hold of him, he is their player and they pay his wages.

I hope they make him rot with their youth team, at least this is one in the eye for 'player power'.

We'll see how good he really is or how much PL really wanted him, if we go back for him in the summer.

Somehow, I doubt we will.

Â