Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Thought he looked good but what a clearing in the woods for not celebrating. He has no link to us what so ever and he's a Norwich player who I'm sure was happy to sign a contract with them when he did. I'd be furious if one of our players did that.

Has he said why he didn't celebrate? Was it because it was against us? Or was it simply because he is just unhappy at Norwich/Hughton?

Only he knows. I wouldn't be so quick to be calling him out based purely on speculation.

Can you blame him? He knows the manager tried to off load him in the summer, then hardly played this season, then the club blocks his chance of having a final pay day with another club and to play with the manager who really got his career started, , and then taking the piss by putting him in the starting line up against the club he wanted to move too

But, he didn't 'not celebrate', he did do a little fist pump thing, and did embrace the other players

Looks a decent player Hoolahan.

But Norwich and their handling of this issue is very underhand; they don't play arguably their best player for two to three months and then decide to play him against the team who wanted to sign him!

It's small-time and petty; I think Hughton is an okay guy but I imagine it was the board who decided to play Hoolahan?!

Has anyone seen his previous celebrations, if you have then they really are the same he runs and then is surrounded by his team-mates, by some aspect I think many fans wanted him to do an Adebayor or run to Lambert and show his shirt. It's been made into a story which sort of helps Hughton.

• Like 1

But Norwich and their handling of this issue is very underhand; they don't play arguably their best player for two to three months and then decide to play him against the team who wanted to sign him!

It's small-time and petty; I think Hughton is an okay guy but I imagine it was the board who decided to play Hoolahan?!

I doubt even dumbo Hughton would stand for that.

As for Wes, you're welcome to him, he's fed well off our table for years and yet now we're suddenly a sh*thouse and he won't celebrate scoring, some responce to our traveling fans that was.

As I said you're quite welcome to him.

I doubt even dumbo Hughton would stand for that.

As for Wes, you're welcome to him, he's fed well off our table for years and yet now we're suddenly a sh*thouse and he won't celebrate scoring, some responce to our traveling fans that was.

As I said you're quite welcome to him.

I disagree, he was a 'yes' man at Blues too you know.

Him and Hooper were linking up really well together I thought. You know, Norwich would probably be doing better if they played him.

I'd be happy if he came in the summer, he'd still do a good job. 

Doesnt look like a player who relies on his speed so could do a job for a few years yet.

I'd be dissapointed if he was the only No.10 we bought though. In Jan to come in and do a job - yes, in summer to be part of a stronger squad - yes.

If he is to be the sle purchase in this position I would hope that in summer we could find a longer term solution.

The fact he didn't celebrate scoring was the icing on the 4-1 shaped cake for me personally.

Of course this was not my train of thought after twenty minutes of the match but in retrospect it seemed to me to be a massive slap in face to Hughton and a big "come get me" to Lambert and Villa.

Of course we would not be happy had one of our players done that but then I'd like to think we wouldn't be so petty as to not play one of our best players, deny him a move to a bigger club and then bring him out of the cold and straight into the starting XI to play against said bigger club.

Norwich, McNally, Delia and all the inbred **** over there got what they deserved on Sunday, can we play them every week? We'd win the league hands down if we did ;)

• Like 3

Obviously, I have no idea why he didn't celebrate wildly when he scored - but his not playing, and the January transfer saga, are two possible reasons.

However, as others have said, he didn't 'not celebrate', but it was subdued. At the very least, it highlighted his position to whoever was watching, and frankly made Hughton look like a right dick for not playing him more.

Down you go!

I'd still take Hoolahan in the summer. He doesn't need to play every game. Save him for the home matches or sub appearances. He'd have a real impact and his experience would be excellent for the lads.

He's 32 years old by the time the next season kicks off and even though he might still manage for a couple of years, it's at this age injuries start to take it toll. I would be all for it if we could have signed someone like Tomas Rosicky (who's 34 next season!) who still plays like he is 24, but let's face it, Wes Hoolahan isn't a very good player and there is a reason why he isn't playing for Norwich. I often wonder why certain players aren't playing for clubs like City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal, but clubs like Norwich can't afford to bench their best players for no reason. It's the same with us, we can bench Weimann and Benteke for a few games to rest, but you know they will always play when they are fit.

Hoolahan? No thanks, there's got to be other options in the market who are both better and younger. If not, our scouts need to be sacked ;)

He's 32 years old by the time the next season kicks off and even though he might still manage for a couple of years, it's at this age injuries start to take it toll. I would be all for it if we could have signed someone like Tomas Rosicky (who's 34 next season!) who still plays like he is 24, but let's face it, Wes Hoolahan isn't a very good player and there is a reason why he isn't playing for Norwich. I often wonder why certain players aren't playing for clubs like City, United, Chelsea and Arsenal, but clubs like Norwich can't afford to bench their best players for no reason. It's the same with us, we can bench Weimann and Benteke for a few games to rest, but you know they will always play when they are fit.

Hoolahan? No thanks, there's got to be other options in the market who are both better and younger. If not, our scouts need to be sacked ;)

I would drop Weimann in a heartbeat for our home games if we had Hoolihan in the team, IMO he is a very good player indeed, I would have him playing behind Benteke and Gabby upfront, his range of passing and ability to control the ball in the final third is just what I believe we are missing, we would need an experienced head with vision and if he cannot deliver to the front two then he would be able to get the ball out wide and use different options. Dont get me wrong as I rate AW but he doesnt have the best first touch and is still inexperienced for my liking. I know AW is not a no 10 but someone would need to make way for a playmaker.

Â