Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

This he's too old argument... How old he is and his potential resale value will obviously be reflected in how much we pay for him and his contract, in the exact same way that someone with resale value will have that reflected in the transfer fee also. These are the types of things that chief executives consider and are given information on. £1 million pounds does not exchange hands without someone having a bit of a think about it...

Unless you're buying Habib Beye or Alan Hutton... Hmmm.. But generally I think transfer policy isn't as entirely based in how much this player is going to improve the team as we would think. This resale business is a new discussion topic on VT, but I guarantee it has come up in the odd board meeting before we got our hands on the idea.

I thought the whole point of 'the plan' was to put us into a position where we didn't have to sign the likes of Hoolahan to be our starting players.

On a free as an addition to the squad he's fine. As our main attacking mid signing I'd hope for better.

Yeah if the best we can come up with in the summer is Hoolahan ill be livid

Same here, and I bet many other fans too. I think the club are in for a shock if they think signing the likes of Hoolahan will encourage ST sales.

• Like 1

People keep mentioning Hoolahan as a central midfielder, I think the only chance of him playing there would be if he was to play at the tip of a diamond. He's been an alright player over the years but not the the answer to our wishes even then and now that he's like 32 or something even less so.

I'd like to have him here, but as long as we signed another AM as well (even though getting 2 would probably be unlikely, depending on whether we're given more money to spend). He'd give us options and a bit of extra cover, which wouldn't go amiss since we're pretty weak in midfield. 

• 2 months later...

Normally wouldn't be too keen on this signing but considering the mess the club is I think he may be able to help a very poor team. Question is will he even come to us?

I doubt he'll be getting many other Premier League offers.

Normally wouldn't be too keen on this signing but considering the mess the club is I think he may be able to help a very poor team. Question is will he even come to us?

I doubt he'll be getting many other Premier League offers.

You never know. He isn't worst player in the world.

If we do sign him at least it means we still have a manager going in to the season. I'm no fan of Lambert but I would rather him in charge at this stage than god knows who. I know many like to believe a change will help but considering the circumstances and the fact he has dodged relegation 3 years in a row with 2 different teams, one that has now gone down. I'd rather we didn't take a chance with somebody else.

Playing great for Ireland so far, I'd be more than happy if Villa sign him.  He is pure class and is always looking for the obscure pass that opens teams up. He also takes free kicks and wins plenty of free kicks himself. 

• Like 2

Playing great for Ireland so far, I'd be more than happy if Villa sign him.  He is pure class and is always looking for the obscure pass that opens teams up. He also takes free kicks and wins plenty of free kicks himself.

I could see other lower end premier league teams in for him.

Nursey said a few days back Lambert will go in for Hoolahan and Pilkington this summer. Think it's a waste of time though as Norwich refused to do business with us in January so why would they now

Lambert will be here and I want Hoolahan. Even if he isn't a consistent starter, he can still play a role as an impact sub. We need some veteran players desperately. Plus he is still a decent footballer. 

Â