Weather...

Dodgyknees

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Storm Dennis appears to be Damp Squib Dennis in these parts, it's February and it's raining. Seems pretty normal here

Floods everywhere in Herefordshire & Worcestershire. A449 between Worcs & Kiddy was closed earlier both ways which isn't normal.

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

Floods everywhere in Herefordshire & Worcestershire. A449 between Worcs & Kiddy was closed earlier both ways which isn't normal.

Road to Kiddy closed? Some good has come from this storm then :)

Quite heavy flooding on some main roads in Sutton, Streetly and Aldridge when I was out this morning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

And river levels around Worcester as high as they were in 2007, I think

Someone from the council on the radio earlier saying the rivers people were predicting a height of 4.8 meters and the flood defences hold at 4.8 but fail at 4.9

• Thanks 1

Minor land slip has exposed what is believed to be a WWII bomb on one of the main roads out of Cardiff.

Just closed it, right on commuter hour.

This is all beginning to make the film San Andreas look a bit tame.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweden has had on average 7 degrees Celsius above the usual temperature this winter and there are flood warnings in most rivers and lakes in the southern and western part of the country.

Where I live we've had maybe 2 days of snow and cold where it usually is 2-5 months of it.

• Sad 1

On 16/02/2020 at 14:45, Seat68 said:

This is the end of my road. On average it's like this every 6 weeks. 

EQ4zIC8WAAAbWN0?format=jpg&name=large

I'm as far from an engineer as its possible to me, but is it really 'alright' to have a petrol station constantly flooding? Instinctively it seems like it would be a problem, but I couldn't express why, and I don't know if I'm right. 

• Like 1

Â