Southampton

NurembergVillan

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

This Jones flopped at Stoke and went back to Luton, the bloke is delusional with the stuff he comes out with, he’ll be the next manager sacked

could be tonight, gerrard style

Overall its been a great decade for Southampton fans, I doubt they would have expected to stay in the top flight for 10 years when they came up, with some great place finishes and fantastic footballing sides. However they are now starting to stink out the division and the conveyor belt of great prospects has started to dry up. I think they are one of the ones who will relegate, they are just too bad each week and they should have stuck with Hassenhutl who, granted, used to take some beatings in high scoring games some weeks, was capable of delivering the odd good win.

Nathan Jones came out with this god talk in his press conference recently, thats never a good sign, justifying why you have the job and how hard you worked to get there, Glenn Hoddle started talking about god when he had the england job and then got moved on, i think its over for him there and for their premier league journey at this moment in time

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It just baffles me why they opted to pay compensation for a poor manager like jones when they could have got dyche for nothing

Why did we pay compensation for a poor manager like Gerrard. Jones achievements at Luton are better than Gerrards

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why did we pay compensation for a poor manager like Gerrard. Jones achievements at Luton are better than Gerrards

Gerrard has a trophy on his cv whether thats in scotland or not he has that what has jones got? Flopped at near enough all his jobs

Gotta be honest, their good cup form had blinded me as to how terrible they’ve been in the league. 

Jeeeeez, 1 win and 7 defeats in the 8 league games since Jones was appointed. It wasn’t exactly stellar before, but it wasn’t quite that bad.

If I was being charitable I would say the majority of those teams have been tricky - Liverpool away, each having excellent seasons Brighton, Fulham and Brentford, a resurgent Villa and Wolves.

But still, it feels like the writing may be on the wall.

35 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Gotta be honest, their good cup form had blinded me as to how terrible they’ve been in the league. 

Jeeeeez, 1 win and 7 defeats in the 8 league games since Jones was appointed. It wasn’t exactly stellar before, but it wasn’t quite that bad.

If I was being charitable I would say the majority of those teams have been tricky - Liverpool away, each having excellent seasons Brighton, Fulham and Brentford, a resurgent Villa and Wolves.

But still, it feels like the writing may be on the wall.

today would have been a massive kick in the nuts for them.

To go 1-0 up against a team close to them, the opposition has a player sent off and plays with 10 men for basically 75 mins, and Southampton go on to lose 2-1, that must be bad for confidence.

i think the bottom of the table is pretty tight tbh, 7 points separate 12th to 19th (10 points diff. inc. to 20th), Southampton 4 points from safety, but effectively 5 points due to goal difference, having played a game extra, really doesnt look good for them.

who knows what is going to happen though relegation wise, a run of 2-3 wins by some resurgent team towards the bottom would lift them right out and drop some decent teams around them in to trouble, will be interesting to see how the relegation scrap plays out.

Just shows how well Emery has done, with the fixtures we have had in the last 6-7 PL games, we could really have been in the mire right now.

• Like 1

An appointment that never made sense, he clearly wasn't good enough to be managing in the Premiership. Club has to take a lot of the blame though, that decision could very likely relegate them. But Jones seems like an idiot, claiming they lost yesterday's game against the Wolves because the Wolves had a player sent off. 🤣

Southampton are just a poor team, doesn't matter who they appoint really as I think they're doomed regardless and I thought they'd go down at the start of the season.

I imagine if they are relegated they'll lose Ward Prowse and maybe a couple of others (Walker Peters, Salisu, maybe Bella Kotchup) but generally the squad is pretty poor.

Wonder who their next manager will be, Gerrard would be funny.

• Like 1

Â