Southampton

NurembergVillan

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hope he keeps them up to send Leeds down

Unfortunately, according to the laws of football supporting, because you had to go and post that, it absolutely won't happen now. Please -- use some restraint next time. 😉

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He really wouldn't 

His stocks fallen dramatically 

If the chouce was between gerrrard or marsch id opt for marsch every day

They need someone who can jump in and scrape out results. I think I'd want Smith over Marsch to achieve it. 

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

They need someone who can jump in and scrape out results. I think I'd want Smith over Marsch to achieve it. 

Totally. Smith has kept a poor side up in this league before, and then kicked them on the next season. 

Marsch has not. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wilder suggestion is a good idea, maybe they have ideas that they're somehow 'above' his style of play?

They were playing far far worse football under Nathan Jones than what Sheffield United played in prem in 19/20.

Guess Wilder's stock is a bit lower after getting sacked by Boro but I still think he'd be a smart pick up for a team who'll get relegated, could end up at Bournemouth before season is out perhaps.

1 hour ago, Condimentalist said:

Totally. Smith has kept a poor side up in this league before, and then kicked them on the next season. 

Marsch has not. 

Only because the pandemic hit. Smith was taken us down/or he would have been sacked a few games later. That 4-0 defeat to leicester was awful.

Smith has a relegation, marsch does not

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Norwich's relegation was all but certain when Smith joined.

That was definitely a case of hiring someone for the next season.

Although i agree to an extent, smith still has a relagtion on his cv and literally failed with onw of the strongee teams in the leagu to have them challenging top  three.

His stocks fallen. Made a massive mistake taking that norwich job. Marsch on other hand still has abit of a reputation as he kept leeds up. But he coupd ruin himself if he fails at Southampton 

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Although i agree to an extent, smith still has a relagtion on his cv and literally failed with onw of the strongee teams in the leagu to have them challenging top  three.

His stocks fallen. Made a massive mistake taking that norwich job. Marsch on other hand still has abit of a reputation as he kept leeds up. But he coupd ruin himself if he fails at Southampton 

Leeds were 17th when he took over and he finished 17th and he took 14 points from a possible 36

he didnt really save them

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You have to fear for who they end up with if Marsch has turned them down (fear for them from their perspective, I couldn’t really give a shit what happens to them personally)

Yep, they're getting into murky waters here.

Athletic were reporting yesterday that Gerrard and Lampard were both under consideration along with Marsch. Seems like they might be putting one of their coaches Ruben Selles in charge and bringing in an experienced coach to work with him, taking a similar risk to Leeds if that's what happens.

Edited by useless

Â