Southampton

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

I guess fat Frank as the next manager. He lives down that way near uncle 'arry in Sandbanks so easy travel for him.

I don't think the family is very welcome at Southampton considering Arry relegated them last time and ran back to Portsmouth

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Nathan Jones really have burned his CV on this one, it was a strange appointment and inevitable. Headline is he lasted only for 3 months, but no he didn't, one of that month was during the WC, what a disaster. Who else is there to pick from now for them? Deano?

He does have a win against City on the cv at least

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

Nathan Jones really have burned his CV on this one, it was a strange appointment and inevitable. Headline is he lasted only for 3 months, but no he didn't, one of that month was during the WC, what a disaster. Who else is there to pick from now for them? Deano?

In normal circumstances I think DS would be a cracking appointment....if Norwich hadn't just thought the same and then sacked him after a year. Southampton will be looking at that and thinking they don't want to just go down now losing every game and then having underwhelming championship season. They'll still be looking to do what Burnley are currently doing.

Norwich have lost a few since Wagner came in though. I think if he applies he'll get an interview but depends if he wants a longer break this time.

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Well they hired Jones with one eye on relegation and life in the Championship.

At least he’s pretty much succeeded that part of it! 

shocking appointment (even worse than us employing Gerrard!) 

He won more games for Southampton than Gerrard won for us this season 😂

• Shocked 1

Just watched MOTD, and Soton are so unlikeable. Diving whinging little s**ts. And that own goal was so bad it looked like match fixing.

Edit- ref was also an absolute disgrace. Showed a second yellow card because the player was the 'third player to arrive and ask him why he'd made a decision'. Awful.

Edited by HKP90

In terms of style I think the guy at Celtic would fit them well (think I said as much last November when Hasenhuttl was sacked).

No chance he leaves Celtic now to join a team bottom of league. Rodgers left mid season but that was to an underperforming Leicester team with miles better squad.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I still think rafa would be a excellent choice for them. He may be able to keep them up

What skills does Rafa have to input to this squad. None of the players play the Rafa style of play

Same with Leeds

Â