Southampton

NurembergVillan

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, robby b said:

We have 30 points more than Southampton. And ten wins more than them. How things have changed this season !

They were ahead of us when Unai took over

• Shocked 4

• 2 weeks later...

Saints down... Would you take any of there players? 

Bazunu as our 2nd keeper? Possibly Tino Liveramento as a RB option? Alcaraz as a squad filler? 

Tbh they've got some not bad squad options for us and especially if we have extra European games. 

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Bazunu as our 2nd keeper? Possibly Tino Liveramento as a RB option? Alcaraz as a squad filler? 

Tbh they've got some not bad squad options for us and especially if we have extra European games. 

Lavia 100%.

Also think if Young dosen't want to play on then Kyle Walker Peters as squad player would be alright as he can play both sides and could be coached into that defensive RB role.

They had the same problem as us in 12/13. Side was just too young to be anything other than fighting relegation and their January forward signings flopped while Benteke dragged us over the line time and again.

Also shows Hasenhuttl actually did a really good job there on the whole. Bit surprised he's been overlooked for some of the prem vacancies that have come up in last few months.

If I hear the words, clever and Kane in the same sentence with regard to the “penalty’ on match of the day I am going to put my foot through the television and send the bill to Harry Redknapp

Amazing that many wanted caleta-car here, he hasn't been good for them st all.

On that note, who do we think will be stripped from them over the summer?

Tbh I can imagine JWP choosing to stay there and lead them back up, he seem Southampton through and through.

Anyone else?

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

KWP is the only player I'd take from them. He'd be a great signing actually. Give Young a rest.

Was thinking the same thing. Alcaraz, Lavia and Sulemana are interesting punts too for me. 

As a kid I didn’t much care for Southampton. It felt like a late Le Tissier screamer cost us on more than one occasion.

However more recently I warmed to them, when helping the Villa protest group handing out banners during the relegation season for the Southampton game (we lost 4-2 - unsurprisingly, Westwood scored both - somewhat surprisingly) I met quite a few Saints supporters who came up and offered sincere condolences and taking umbrage at how Villa had been run. It was kinda heartening.

I think they’ve possibly been one of these teams over the last 5 of 6 years who it could be said “Well what do they bring to the league? They’re not going to be missed.”

That’s not totally unfair, although I think by the very nature of football you will always have teams occupying that uninteresting, no man’s role.

I’m not devastated to see them relegated, but there were plenty of other teams who I’d have chosen to drop instead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Shame what’s happened to them, I didn’t mind them. They used to have some team.

AB8E1F4F-40B1-44E6-B1C5-66C97FB20F3E.jpeg

Its what teams like Brighton set out to do and what become after bad window or 2

3 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

They have a good young squad but no leaders to guide them especially when going got tough. This season is a huge red flag against Ward Prowse for example as a winning senior pro

Â