Manchester United

BOF

They way this works - and I'm not defending it, but it is the situation AIUI - is that in order to justify paying lots of money for the FA Cup rights, the BBC need to walk a fine balancing act in which they both a] show some of the smaller clubs/giant-killing possibilities to 'advertise the game', and b] attract a significant viewership. The problem is that for all the talk of the 'romance of the Cup', not many people actually tune in to see eg Kidderminster, so they have to balance those games out with one or two where they are guaranteed to get lots of viewers. Since there's no surer audience than Man Utd, that means United get televised every time.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hamburglar said:

I couldn’t care less fir any of these clubs but I’d watch Cambridge v Luton on mainstream tv. United v boro on the other hand doesn’t entice me at all. I can’t be alone with that sentiment. 

Our opinions aren't important. China, Singapore & USA would prefer to watch United. They haven't heard of Luton and Cambridge is just a University to them.

Anyone see the post-match interview with Fernandes? 

He started moaning about why we were looking at a fourth sub when Buendia got injured yet he didn't know it was because of a forearm smash to his head. Hence the potential concussion sub, yet Fernandes was suggesting Buendia had a shoulder injury. The shoulder problem was a previous injury from a foul.

The referee protected them at Old Trafford and once again at Villa Park. A couple of Matic fouls too many for me also...

• Like 1

Happy we got the point against them, but why can't we ever have a normal game against them where the universe doesn't conspire to just **** us over?

I'd even take getting absolutely battered by them if it meant we had a game with no dodgy penalties, no dodgy cards, no inexplicable clangers from our players and no biased refereeing, but I swear I have never seen us play them without something happening to us, even when we beat them, they manage to get something dodgy go their way.

They're absolute shite. Will get battered in the champs league.

I have never seen a Man United team come to Villa park and sit in two banks of players, who then start time wasting at 55 mins.

They couldn't pass out of defence- rank chips and slices everywhere - and their midfield were caught on the ball countless times.

The only strong aspect of the game was breaking when we gave the ball away. They were very good at that. Greenwood is excellent. 

But **** me, Fernandes needs clattering. (Was hoping Mings might do it.) Moments before he scored he was dead on the floor needing treatment. Seconds later he sprints onto a through ball and scores. Rat-faced prick.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Anyone see the post-match interview with Fernandes? 

He started moaning about why we were looking at a fourth sub when Buendia got injured yet he didn't know it was because of a forearm smash to his head. Hence the potential concussion sub, yet Fernandes was suggesting Buendia had a shoulder injury. The shoulder problem was a previous injury from a foul.

The referee protected them at Old Trafford and once again at Villa Park. A couple of Matic fouls too many for me also...

Despicable little rat, hateful scumbag couldn't be at a more fitting club for his type of personality.

Â