Manchester United

BOF

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The shape changes, but the type of player they pick stays the same - it's always a sort of 4-2-4.

You can only make room in a team for three of Ronaldo, Cavani, Fernandes, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial and Lingard.

You bought too many forwards you idiots - stick some of em on the bench!

Will be adding Julian Alvarez this month too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The shape changes, but the type of player they pick stays the same - it's always a sort of 4-2-4.

You can only make room in a team for three of Ronaldo, Cavani, Fernandes, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial and Lingard.

You bought too many forwards you idiots - stick some of em on the bench!

Would agree but then at the same time I think they're trying to compensate for the midfield being shit regardless, they drop an attacker so they can play a 3 of McFred + Matic... 

As a type it its got a bit of Smith won't play 2 up top when everyone is fit vibe about it, they need pogba back and then change it to a 4-3-3

They desperately need a better CM

Edited by villa4europe

Mr. High pressing and high intensity using Ronaldo every week.

Something just feels odd to me.

Think he's been a little chained by the board.

Ronaldo is obviously very important for them commercially  so he is possibly forced to play certain players to get the most out of Ronaldo.

A flat 4-4-2 with 2 aging strikers and McTominay, Matic in midfield. Makes so little sense to me.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Would agree but then at the same time I think they're trying to compensate for the midfield being shit regardless, they drop an attacker so they can play a 3 of McFred + Matic... 

As a type it its got a bit of Smith won't play 2 up top when everyone is fit vibe about it, they need pogba back and then change it to a 4-3-3

They desperately need a better CM

I'm really surprised Lingard hasn't played more. Was very good at West Ham buzzing off forward line and chipping in with goals so to me he would in short term be decent pick just for energy either as number 10 or out wide like tonight, sort of role Park Ji Sung used to play for them and also what Milner can still do for Liverpool.

To not sell him for about 25-30m when his stock was pretty high again last summer to just barely play him and probably lose him on free end of the season sums up the bizarre decision making right at the top of the club.

Or OGS promised him more gametime and then last minute signing of Ronaldo threw it all off kilter.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

McTominay and Shaw both suspended for our league game btw, both picked up 5 yellows.

Hard to know if that's advantage or disadvantage as both been really poor this season. McGinn out for us is big miss as he'd run Matic all over the pitch.

Just now, VillaChris said:

McTominay and Shaw both suspended for our league game btw, both picked up 5 yellows.

Hard to know if that's advantage or disadvantage as both been really poor this season. McGinn out for us is big miss as he'd run Matic all over the pitch.

Could someone else just borrow his buttocks?

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Or OGS promised him more gametime and then last minute signing of Ronaldo threw it all off kilter.

I think this is quite likely. It seems like the mother of all panic signings just to prevent him going to City.

• Like 2

The Ronaldo signing messed up the plan for Cavani and Sancho.

Nobody better than Ronaldo at putting the ball on the net (hence why City were so keen) but United don’t seem to have a way of utilising him. He’d have incredible numbers at the tip of City’s attack. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Ronaldo signing messed up the plan for Cavani and Sancho.

Nobody better than Ronaldo at putting the ball on the net (hence why City were so keen) but United don’t seem to have a way of utilising him. He’d have incredible numbers at the tip of City’s attack. 

Think it was just agent talks.

A 36 year old Ronaldo isn't a Pep player at all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

but United don’t seem to have a way of utilising him.

Part of me thinks that football came third, commercial reasons came second, and not having one of the game's greatest ever players giving them the Dwight Yorke treatment came first.

If you have a blank sheet of paper you put Ronaldo up front, on his own. The problem is it leaves too many big players on big money sitting on the bench, so they try (and fail) to find a system where they can get them all on the pitch.

Until a few weeks ago I had never heard of a 4-2-2-2 formation and there’s a very good reason for that.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you have a blank sheet of paper you put Ronaldo up front, on his own. The problem is it leaves too many big players on big money sitting on the bench, so they try (and fail) to find a system where they can get them all on the pitch.

Until a few weeks ago I had never heard of a 4-2-2-2 formation and there’s a very good reason for that.

Brazil played it at the World Cup before and Real Madrid it a lot in the Galacticos day

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Probably fatal saying this before we play them but having a caretaker manager makes little sense. The players won't be listening to him as he will be off in 5 months time.

Isn't the thing supposed to be that he's going to stay on as some sort of consultant type thingy? Although they also have a DoF so who knows who's doing what.

41 minutes ago, villa89 said:

So they'll still be shite? They haven't played well since 2016.

We've beaten them a handful of times in 25 years. I doubt that will change. 

Also our efforts in the FA Cup have been abysmal since the 70s and obviously no win since 1957.

Â