Manchester United

BOF

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think they have quality options all over the pitch, they also have flexibility with those quality players able to cover more than 1 position.

With that in mind the capitulation yesterday has to be laid at Ole’s door. Liverpool are a very well drilled, organised and quality team and losing to them is no shame. It’s the manner of the loss that is the issue, they were an absolute mess and on paper the United squad is good enough to give them a game.

They looked absolutely shit

But this has happened before but they always seem to pull a result out of nowhere and it saves Ole

Wouldn't surprise me if they hammer Spurs at the weekend and everyone thinks they're back

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It'd be funny from any other group of fans. Old Trafford at 70 minutes looked like the Etihad in a normal game.

Was going to post the same thing. Not sure City fans should be bantering anyone about attending games tbh.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've said this before but I cannot take a Man Utd fan seriously. 

If I'm talking football with someone and then they reveal they're a Utd fan I honestly just glaze over. It's not fair really because some people are obvious genuine football people who support Man Utd.

But my assumption is always "this person doesn't really know what they're on about and they have a warped perception of what being a football fan is"

This.  If they say they're a United fan without a Manc accent then I just think meh and for right or wrong their opinion on football just matters less to me.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If I'm talking football with someone and then they reveal they're a Utd fan I honestly just glaze over. It's not fair really because some people are obvious genuine football people who support Man Utd.

But my assumption is always "this person doesn't really know what they're on about and they have a warped perception of what being a football fan is"

Absolutely this.  As I live way down south in Sussex it's probably even more prevalent than it must be in the Midlands where there are loads of teams to support.  Anyone down here who supports Man Utd and thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi I immediately add to the clearing in the woods pile in my head.

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Of course Jones was in danger of being hurt. If the ball bobbled away he would’ve been kicked hard in the stomach. It would’ve looked more like a drunken assault outside Wetherspoons in Piccadilly Gardens than something on a football pitch.

Maguire, once that’s given as a foul it has to be a red. Again, the most clear cut example of denying a goal scoring opportunity you could imagine.

I’d argue Pogba’s was the least clear cut red card. And it was a red card, but it was a bad tackle at speed, not that far off the ground.

Honestly, what is this? :D 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

100%. In my company the Electrical project manager is a UTD fan, and he is one clever sod, he really is, and if we talk about the national team or anything “non UTD” he comes across as someone that really understands football. But when we talk about UTD it’s like talking to a 12yr old playing a computer game. 

His lasted gem is that he believes deals have already been done to bring Bellingham and Haaland to old Trafford in the summer. 

When I asked why those two would chose UTD over any other club in world football, the response is “we’re the biggest club in the world”

It’s a level of ignorance that imo is unmatched. 

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They looked absolutely shit

But this has happened before but they always seem to pull a result out of nowhere and it saves Ole

Wouldn't surprise me if they hammer Spurs at the weekend and everyone thinks they're back

Spurs are dreadful. It's quite possible. Don't think Nuno will last long

Â