Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes a solid base with Bruno, Ronaldo and Cavani. The system works for them but not for us 

They have the quality to counter and finish....Their possession stats was inferior to Spurs, which is surprising, watching the game.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have to love Ole....Sancho apparently training currently as attacking right wing back ecause Wan-Bissaka can't be trusted in that formation.🤣

why do they play that formation? it smells a bit like southgate, the solution to the cant defend problem is play more defenders...its not keep the ball or press higher...

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

why do they play that formation? it smells a bit like southgate, the solution to the cant defend problem is play more defenders...its not keep the ball or press higher...

I actually think it suits Ronaldo a bit more having a runner alongside him. Him and Cavani worked very well at Spurs together (even if Spurs were abysmal on the night) and possibly him and Rashford could link up well over time.

Likes of Maguire and Shaw played very well for England over the summer in same formation, both massively out of form currently though.

I do think it can work (under different manager) but sums them up nicely if they're training up a 70m right sided front 3 player to possibly play RWB in next game to replace 50m RB who isnt good enough going forward to play in 3-4-1-2.

Just now, Genie said:

The problem Sancho has is that when he has got time on the pitch he hasn’t really looked particularly special imo. 

Same for England too tbh.

He was good at Dortmund. I think the problem here is he's good at the things Man. United do well but not so good at things they aren't. I agree for England he's looked nothing special playing v teams who sit deep which is majority of teams England play and Man. United had big issues alst season breaking those teams down.

Generally even lower end Bundesliga teams park their defences near halfway line so always loads of space for Dortmund players to run into if the ball is right and he won't get that space playing likes of Burnley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They bought a forward that can't move anymore so he needs a two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

why do they play that formation? i

Because ole hasn't a clue. It's the steve bruce school of management, when things are going wrong just pick a random formation out of the hat. 

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sancho is more of a system player so it doesn't surprise me it hasn't worked out for him. De Beek is the same. 

Going down the individual brilliance route Grealish would be much better suited. 

Why they signed Ronaldo 😉

• Like 1

Wilson called it all - and exactly why - when Utd signed Ronaldo.  They've changed their tactical setup to bring him into the fold.  It isn't doing them any good.

Let's hope they persist with it :D 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pogba out until the new year so plenty more defeats and draws coming as all they have is McTom and Matic. Possibly Van De Beek getting 10 minutes now as sub instead of 5 minutes.

Can see them being 15 points off 3rd by start of 2022.

You mean Pogba out until the transfer window opens and he enters the last 6 months of his deal and can talk to other clubs. Whodathoughtit.

It no major loss though as he’s been shit for ages for them.

Â