Manchester United

BOF

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think they will finish 3rd. 

Seen a lot of people hyping up Chelsea but can't say I've been blown away from what I've seen from them so far. 

Man City

Liverpool 

Man Utd 

Chelsea 

Will find out more about Chelsea today, when they come against top opposition 😊

But I have been very impressed with them so far.

They mauled Crystal Palace, not letting them have a single shot on target.

Brushed aside Arsenal like they were not even there.

Got a draw at Liverpool playing most of the game with 10 men.

What's not to be impressed with?

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Will find out more about Chelsea today, when they come against top opposition 😊

But I have been very impressed with them so far.

They mauled Crystal Palace, not letting them have a single shot on target.

Brushed aside Arsenal like they were not even there.

Got a draw at Liverpool playing most of the game with 10 men.

What's not to be impressed with?

They aren't destroying teams like City do

29 minutes ago, sne said:

City already lost a game thou.

Yeah I know it's completely irrational. I know their great but they just don't do it for me. 

When we play City or Liverpool I always go "Oh crap. Let's just get this over with" 

When we play Chelsea I go "Meh. Should be able to get something here" Have no idea why I feel this way they just don't scare me the same way the other top teams do. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

words removed

When Cristiano Ronaldo’s highly publicised transfer to Manchester United was finalised for the 2021/2022 season, Manchester United was given a special dispensation by the Premier League to allow him to wear the #7 jersey which was originally registered to Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani last season. They did so because Ronaldo is a superstar, and him playing for Manchester United is a massive coup for the Premier League and their global audience. Also, of course, many of those Manchester United supporters who will be watching their matches this season, will do doing so whilst wearing Ronaldo’s #7 squad number jersey.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

words removed

When Cristiano Ronaldo’s highly publicised transfer to Manchester United was finalised for the 2021/2022 season, Manchester United was given a special dispensation by the Premier League to allow him to wear the #7 jersey which was originally registered to Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani last season. They did so because Ronaldo is a superstar, and him playing for Manchester United is a massive coup for the Premier League and their global audience. Also, of course, many of those Manchester United supporters who will be watching their matches this season, will do doing so whilst wearing Ronaldo’s #7 squad number jersey.

Is that true? 

Isn't the rule that a player can change number if the number he wanted is vacated by a player being sold? James was sold, Cavani took his number (as it matches his Uruguay number) and Ronaldo took the vacant number 7. 

• Like 1

Ronaldo doing what he does. Hopefully someone decent will turn them over soon and he'll be complete passenger in game as he was many times in last two years at Juve so the fawning will stop.

Got to say given they had what one injury in midfield and Matic has already started 2-3 games this season that's an obvious area to target if you sit deep and can turn over the ball quickly.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is that true? 

Isn't the rule that a player can change number if the number he wanted is vacated by a player being sold? James was sold, Cavani took his number (as it matches his Uruguay number) and Ronaldo took the vacant number 7. 

Thats just from a msg I received, mate can't find the link it was from but I've just had a quick Google and found this...

https://redrants.com/cristiano-ronaldo-to-wear-the-no-7-shirt-at-manchester-united/amp/

Manchester United have confirmed via their official website that Cristiano Ronaldo will wear the No 7 shirt on his return to Old Trafford.

Ronaldo wore this number during his initial spell with the Red Devils.

He was United’s No 7 from 2003 to 2009, before making his move to Real Madrid.

Ronaldo made a shock return to Old Trafford as the club announced his arrival from Juventus on Tuesday.

It was unclear which number he would wear, with Edinson Cavani the man in possession of the number 7 jersey......

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Is that true? 

its the reason they sold James, he wasnt told about it until late in negotiations

Out of interest when was it agreed by everyone to just collectively forget that time he wanted to leave United and agreed with the notion of him being a “slave”, being paid handsomely while playing (and succeeding) for a club and manager who he supposedly holds dear to him?

It’s fine, I just wanted to make sure so I can edit my hymn sheet to allow myself the ability to join in with the fawning.

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Out of interest when was it agreed by everyone to just collectively forget that time he wanted to leave United and agreed with the notion of him being a “slave”, being paid handsomely while playing (and succeeding) for a club and manager who he supposedly holds dear to him?

It’s fine, I just wanted to make sure so I can edit my hymn sheet to allow myself the ability to join in with the fawning.

And that on the day of the move, he was still weighing up going to City instead. But no, he's a true red again now, it's good for both brands. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Remember that time Ronaldo scored his first goal back and I stood there like a lemon recording his celebration?

Sod off you melts

I **** hate this. There's best in class camera professionals shooting this from all angles, with some of the best equipment money can buy. Nobody is watching your shaky ass footage taken from your **** iPhone. Live in the moment and put your **** cameras away.

• Like 1

Â