Manchester United

BOF

James just needs a good coach to really work on his game, he's a bit like Traore was a few years back, gets into dangerous areas and then dosen't have a clue what to do.

Bielsa tried to sign him before so really interested how he develops.

Here is a thread by the famous Swedish author Fredrik Backman("A man called Ove") on why he can't be Man United-supporter anymore. First he write about the rape case against Ronaldo and then his view on being a football fan. Interesting read and I see if I can Google Translate it all later.

Just me amazed they didn't sign a CM. Seems a bit like that window they had years back under Van Gaal when they signed likes of Di Maria and Falaco and people were falling over themselves to make them serious title contenders and in the end they didn't even finish top 4 due to average defence and midfield options.

What are the options again? Fred who was terrible v Wolves, McTominay who can have good games but also days when he can't pass water (first half v us near end of last season he was constantly giving us the ball) and looks like Pogba will be played in deeper position but he's inconsistant in that role. Matic is done starting games at prem level now as he was terrible v Southampton so seems a bit like us, they look very strong in defence and attack now but many games are still decided by midfield control and tempo and they've neglected that so don't think Wolves away will be the last time this season they've dominated in central areas and by quick counter attacks.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

You have to sacrifice certain parts of your style of play when playing to Ronaldos strengths. 

I'm not convinced this will strengthen them. 

Ronaldo to score 25 goals and Man U to finish third and get knocked out in the last 16 of the champions league

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 11:50, VillaChris said:

he's a bit like Traore was a few years back, gets into dangerous areas and then dosen't have a clue what to do.

Adama Traore is still like that. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

On 02/09/2021 at 21:56, villalad21 said:

Can see Bruno getting a lot less goals now.

Will be interesting how that plays out, Bruno is pretty s*** for Portugal most games with them all having to bow down to Ronaldo. And yes Ronaldo going to be on pens all the time unless he misses a few early.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Will be interesting how that plays out, Bruno is pretty s*** for Portugal most games with them all having to bow down to Ronaldo. And yes Ronaldo going to be on pens all the time unless he misses a few early.

I actually think they will be weaker with ronaldo. 

I might be horrible wrong though 😝

We'll see how it all pan out. 

• Like 1

I was watching with interest on last nights telly about the history of the Premier League in particular the first season....well it was interesting until it became a wa*kfest about yanited....the program became bloody obsessed with the scum ....shame really as that was the season that we finished runners up and of course the Villa hardly got a mention.....

Regards to all

Derek

34 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I was watching with interest on last nights telly about the history of the Premier League in particular the first season....well it was interesting until it became a wa*kfest about yanited....the program became bloody obsessed with the scum ....shame really as that was the season that we finished runners up and of course the Villa hardly got a mention.....

Regards to all

Derek

Should have known what the PL was all about that 1st year... Sky got the story that they wanted to kick-start their product 

30 years later and not much has changed 

• Like 1

Â