Manchester United

BOF

If you want a laugh BBC website have a table of what the value of each player is worth.......it's a joke, got to be or we seriously undervalued the worth of our players

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If you want a laugh BBC website have a table of what the value of each player is worth.......it's a joke, got to be or we seriously undervalued the worth of our players

I think they've took them from transfermrket which is always out a bit. They give Man U squad value as 734 mil Vs ours at 644

£63m for Antony is my favourite. The bloke's an absolute waste of space.

£53m for Onana, more than they paid for him when he's looked like he's wearing clown shoes on his hands instead of gloves.

£106m for Rashford...Last season, sure. 

18 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think they've took them from transfermrket which is always out a bit. They give Man U squad value as 734 mil Vs ours at 644

Transfermarkt valuations might as well be a monkey throwing darts at a wall

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Clickbait article you'd see on one of these fans sites, sad how the BBC website has decline.

Antony had two years of hardly any assists or goals and he's still worth 60m + ?!!!!🤣 I don't mind McTominay but 45m?!

Martinez has been a good signing for them so 25m for him is a strangely low valuation. Wan Bisaka would go for more than 10m aswell.

2 hours ago, colhint said:

There's a good chance Utd won't qualify for Europe.. 10 years since that last happened . It'll affect sponsorships. Can't think of any manager who could improve them and want to go there. Can't think of any teams who would want to buy their players. It think they are stuck with the lot of them. 

Nice innit.

Is there?  They'd need to finish 8th for that to happen.

In their defence I think a substantial amount of a player's value is the cost to honour their contract. So if someone has 3 years to go at 200k a week that's 31+ million right off the bat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d be very surprised if men with genuine cases of asthma could compete at the very top level of such a gruelling sport (cycling).

It’s cheating.

Majority of top cross country skiing athletes allegedly have asthma and take inhalers. Poor souls 😊

Imagine how good they would have been if they didn't have asthma 😜

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Clickbait article you'd see on one of these fans sites, sad how the BBC website has decline.

Antony had two years of hardly any assists or goals and he's still worth 60m + ?!!!!🤣 I don't mind McTominay but 45m?!

Martinez has been a good signing for them so 25m for him is a strangely low valuation. Wan Bisaka would go for more than 10m aswell.

I’m a McTominay fan, but not at £45m. Any club who pays that is immediately on the back foot and open for criticism if he is not setting the world alight (he’s not that sort of player).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

In their defence I think a substantial amount of a player's value is the cost to honour their contract. So if someone has 3 years to go at 200k a week that's 31+ million right off the bat.

In Rashfords case that's £62.5m over 4 years. How much is he prepared to drop to move.

6 minutes ago, colhint said:

In Rashfords case that's £62.5m over 4 years. How much is he prepared to drop to move.

Zero would be my guess. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Zero would be my guess. 

Makes sense I suppose then sign a 3 year free transfer on 200k looking at earning do we to £100m to see his career out.

2 hours ago, colhint said:

There's a good chance Utd won't qualify for Europe.. 10 years since that last happened . It'll affect sponsorships. 

7th in the league will be a European place once Man City win the FA Cup. No way are Man Utd falling down to 8th.

Also, they have long term fixed sponsorship.  A year out of Europe won’t make any difference to the money they earn if they didn’t have Europe for one season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, colhint said:

Makes sense I suppose then sign a 3 year free transfer on 200k looking at earning do we to £100m to see his career out.

He doesn’t look like the type of person who will take a pay cut to get first team football (James Milner for example).

He’s got mega money for several years. I think if someone were to make an offer he’d be telling MU he wants his contract paid up in full (or at least the difference between what he’s on and what he’s being offered paid up so he’s not out of pocket).

Just now, ender4 said:

7th in the league will be a European place once Man City win the FA Cup. No way are Man Utd falling down to 8th.

Also, they have long term fixed sponsorship.  A year out of Europe won’t make any difference to the money they earn if they didn’t have Europe for one season.

A prolonged period out of the CL will definitely cost them money. Their multi-year sponsorship deals will be ratcheted down if they are not playing in the big one for more than 1 year.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

A prolonged period out of the CL will definitely cost them money. Their multi-year sponsorship deals will be ratcheted down if they are not playing in the big one for more than 1 year.

Chelsea just signed a record shirt deal with no European football at all

The problem with the big 6 is the disparity is so big these guys aren't going to drop off to the extent that is needed for them to drop down a level any time soon

Utds bank will be fine 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes agree with that.  It's multiple years not in CL which costs them.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chelsea just signed a record shirt deal with no European football at all

The problem with the big 6 is the disparity is so big these guys aren't going to drop off to the extent that is needed for them to drop down a level any time soon

Utds bank will be fine 

Obviously they ain’t going to go broke, but they will definitely be paid less by sponsors the longer they are not in the CL. 

It’s widely reported that they will get £10m per season LESS from Adidas each time they do not get CL qualification. I assume it’s a fairly common clause with the big payers.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Obviously they ain’t going to go broke, but they will definitely be paid less by sponsors the longer they are not in the CL. 

It’s widely reported that they will get £10m per season LESS from Adidas each time they do not get CL qualification. I assume it’s a fairly common clause with the big payers.

But their Adidas deal at £90m per season is £25m more than man city's puma deal as a starter, the £40m less still means they have the biggest shirt deal in the country 

They might earn less but it's not going to impact them in the way people think or want, utd will be fine 

Â