Manchester United

BOF

Amazing after all this time they still have Jones and Smalling as regular centre halves.

Along with Ashley Young and a few others they've have been bombed out ages ago if Fergie was still in charge.

Young and Jones were actually going to be out of contract and they both got new deals given by the club.

• Like 1

I'm still amazed that Rashford and Martial are both regular starters for them. You could get away with having one young, developing striker in the side that's got potential but doesn't score many goals, but two of them?

For a side that still pretends they think they should be challenging at the top, there's an awful lot of mediocrity in that squad.

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm still amazed that Rashford and Martial are both regular starters for them. You could get away with having one young, developing striker in the side that's got potential but doesn't score many goals, but two of them?

For a side that still pretends they think they should be challenging at the top, there's an awful lot of mediocrity in that squad.

I do think both are good but hyped up a lot. Rashford had a really good run when OGS turned up but he also has many anonymous games at CF.

Martial is one of those players who throws in random performances. Really depends what side of the bed he wakes up on matchday. His performance was a disgrace. Refused to track back for a couple of Everton goals and laughable dive at the end.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Ok, that's hilarious. Nowhere near enough to sack him, but he doesn't get the job after this if they'd waited until the end of the season. Perfect. 

Must admit to finding it very funny.

I rarely watch Premier League but it’s never a bad time to chuckle at United.

Last 9 games, 2 Wins, Conceeded 19.......

Its just our luck to be out that League when they’ve had their turmoil. Well just get back and Fergie will take back over from his old folks home and they’ll start beating us every time again......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Didn't you say Smith didn't sign enough in January and brought 6 or 7 into squad 🙄

There's a big difference between the big clubs and championship clubs in how they operate. It's very rare you see an elite club buying more than 2-3 players in the summer.

On 11/01/2019 at 08:45, Stevo985 said:

I think there's a very good chance he's exactly that [to Man Utd what Sherwood was to Villa]. I said it when he was appointed.

When a team has stopped playing for a manager, and that manager has an extremely disciplined, drilled, boring style then all a manager needs to do when he comes in is let the players off their leashes. Let them express themselves. That bounce gets great performances for a while. It's after that bounce that a manager's ability is tested. It's why Solksjaer as an interim probably wasn't a bad choice. Solksjaer as a permanent probably would be a bad choice.

It was exactly the same with Sherwood here. We'd had Lambert who had regressed into this ultra defensive, boring manager and the players were restricted by the awful style and had lost faith in the manager. Sherwood came in, put his arm round everyone, told them to go out and be creative and let them loose and we had some success. The following season when that bounce wore off he didn't have a **** clue how to address it.

Pardew has the same effect when he goes into clubs. Harnesses that bounce and then can't address the slide.

Said this in January. I must admit there was a little while there when I thought I was wrong.

But now it seems pretty accurate again.

• Like 3

I am loving it.  I do hope it turns nasty soon. Fans running onto pitch*. Banners.  Verbal abuse and boos please. I want to see the full meltdown :)

*peaceful obviously, but just cringemakingly embarrassing enough to stink out that club for a few years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick said:

He is their Tim Sherwood. Has been found out but it's too late.

His "I am going to be successful here and there are players who won’t be part of that" comments reminded me of when Sherwood called our players "losers". Let's be honest, OGS is the very definition of a 'nothing manager' based on his career, totally out of his depth at this level. He got a great response from them initially but as that wears off you're left with someone who is absolutely clueless tactically and unable to find other motivational strategies outside of the one he deployed when he first joined the club. If United want to challenge for anything again they need a proper manager, someone like Pochetitno. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is 26/27. Let that sink in,

He acts like a 12 year old. He and Pogba sum up everything wrong with that dressing room.

Yes seems a lot younger than that based on the fact that he acts like a total, unmitigated piss flip. He really is a garbage player who seldom delivers, the fact he's in that squad shows you how far they've fallen. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His "I am going to be successful here and there are players who won’t be part of that" comments reminded me of when Sherwood called our players "losers". Let's be honest, OGS is the very definition of a 'nothing manager' based on his career, totally out of his depth at this level. He got a great response from them initially but as that wears off you're left with someone who is absolutely clueless tactically and unable to find other motivational strategies outside of the one he deployed when he first joined the club. If United want to challenge for anything again they need a proper manager, someone like Pochetitno. 

In fairness to Tim. Some of them players were losers 😉

For solskjaer sake pogba, lukaku and sanchez should be removed from squad

45 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am loving it.  I do hope it turns nasty soon. Fans running onto pitch*. Banners.  Verbal abuse and boos please. I want to see the full meltdown :)

*peaceful obviously, but just cringemakingly embarrassing enough to stink out that club for a few years.

The helicopter banners will bring back football dark ages says Lawro 🙄

• Haha 1

Â