Manchester United

BOF

Just now, Zatman said:

David Silva might be 33/34 but much better than Pogba, De Bruyne has been playing deep a lot too. Fabinho, Kante, are all better centre midfielders than Pogba as well. 

No question he has talent, the issue is application but even on his best day isnt as good as them players. No surprise United best performance in recent weeks he was suspended

Fabinho? You're joking right :lol:

De Bruyne is the best player in the PL imo but I don't consider him a CM, same with David Silva. I can't think of a single dedicated CM better than Pogba tbh.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Fabinho? You're joking right :lol:

De Bruyne is the best player in the PL imo but I don't consider him a CM, same with David Silva. I can't think of a single dedicated CM better than Pogba tbh.

Fabinho is a top class player, absolutely bossed United at Anfield and while he is fairly slow he dominates midfield.

Silva and KDB play deeper for City so are centre midfielders for me

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fabinho is a top class player, absolutely bossed United at Anfield and while he is fairly slow he dominates midfield.

Silva and KDB play deeper for City so are centre midfielders for me

They're not central midfielders because their manager chooses to play them there in the same way Hazard is not a #9 because Sarri plays him there. 

On 22/04/2019 at 11:17, Dr_Pangloss said:

De Gea ws pretty shocking yesterday, an 'elite' keeper ought to be saving their second and third goals. I do wonder about him, he has been a 'great' keeper for the past few years but every now and then top keepers turn the wrong sort of corner and never recover. He had an awful world cup, barely making a save, and has had a pretty poor season, shipping the sorts of goals you wouldn't expect him to. I wonder if he's on a permanent downward trajectory.

Some of it may just be down to lack of confidence in the defence causing him to take up different positions than he normally would to try and compensate for their incompetence. De Gea has always been a pretty good shot stopper and like schmeichel he is good at just getting a leg,elbow,fingertip,arse etc to the ball to keep it out but in reality he probably only had to face 3 or 4 shots on target most weeks. Everton had 15 shots, 8 on target, barcelona 13/6 , even West ham managed 18 shots, 4 on target.

I know it can work both ways but look at the state of our keepers this year playing behind a woeful defence, sure Nyland in particular didn't help himself by throwing a few in but i think with our current defence you would maybe see a far more confident side of him, Hell even Jed Steer looks ok for the most part at the moment and at any point over the past 6 years ago since he joined us i doubt anyone would have cared if we had given him away free to a random league 2 club as that looked about his level

Actually on Pogba...Roy Keane made the social media point. He did actually say after the World cup final Pogba could post whatever dance he wanted on Instagram as he'd won the World cup, it's when things go badly on the pitch the very exaggarated run up to take a penalty or social media handshakes with Lingard don't look the best advised.

Pogba is talented but he needs teams built around him. I thought he played well in World cup but he of course had Kante and also Blaise Matudi covering huge ground around him. That Juve midfield of Pirlo-Vidal-Pogba was slightly different but a total joy to watch for two years.

If he dosen't then too many games bypass him even in seasons like this when his stats on paper look pretty good.

• Like 4

To be fair they weren't bad tonight. I mean they were still a shadow of the old United. But they weren't bad.

If De Gea hadn't had a lobotomy they could easily have got something.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be fair they weren't bad tonight. I mean they were still a shadow of the old United. But they weren't bad.

If De Gea hadn't had a lobotomy they could easily have got something.

They were very negative, and city look like they can break through a brick wall.

A massive gap in quality.

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he's finished as an 'elite' keeper, will never be the same. 

I am in 2 minds as he has had good games in recent years compared to Courtois and Lloris who have lost it completely but De Gea has been poor in recent times. Stories are Juventus wants him and behind that defence his confidence could improve

Â