Manchester United

BOF

I've got a feeling Solksjaer is someone who would be willing to quit rather than hang on for the big pay off.  I suspect there is some sort of clause anyway.  Not sure who they would go for though as I can't see Pochettino leaving now.  If he gets Spurs top 4 on top of the Champions League semi final without spending a penny and not having a proper home ground for most the season, it'll be incredible.

14 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How is it possible Pogba is in the PFA team of the year, that's an absolute travesty.

I was surprised aswell. That said to the naked eye his stats are pretty good for central midfielder, about 12 league goals and similar number of assits.

That said 7-8 of them have been penalties. He has scored one goal in open play since December 30th and only scored v one top 8 club.

Still trying to work out how Hazard can be nominated for main award yet can't make team of the season.

As Luke on the Football Ramble suggested, the vote probably occurred around the start of March when Pogba and United were on a good run after OGS taking over. Of course, they’ve both been pants since. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I was surprised aswell. That said to the naked eye his stats are pretty good for central midfielder, about 12 league goals and similar number of assits.

That said 7-8 of them have been penalties. He has scored one goal in open play since December 30th and only scored v one top 8 club.

Still trying to work out how Hazard can be nominated for main award yet can't make team of the season.

The players voted, i know footballers are idiots 

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've got a feeling Solksjaer is someone who would be willing to quit

He will be gone soon enough IMO.  Xmas at the latest,  they are not playing for him or the team at the moment.  I don't think they will give him big money either to spend.  

Keane knows he is finished already I think.  It was school boy stuff vs City and I thought Utd were utter garbage,  some of them were hiding from the ball.  They have gone with their heart on the Manager,  wrong choice and it is wonderful to see.

City were not in top gear and that's the scary bit for Utd.  

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

He will be gone soon enough IMO.  Xmas at the latest

Yep 100 %

It is showing now why he failed at Cardiff. 7 losses in 9 in an embarrassing achievement at such a big club,it shouldn't be possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/04/2019 at 07:44, villalad21 said:

Yep 100 %

It is showing now why he failed at Cardiff. 7 losses in 9 in an embarrassing achievement at such a big club,it shouldn't be possible.

Well two were v Barca which is no disgrace as Barcelona are obviously a miles better football team.

One at home to Man. City who won at Old Trafford last two years and obviously the more dominant team in the match up last 6-7 years.

Lost at Arsenal who have won 14 out of 18 in league at Emirates this season. I watched that and they actually played very well but Rashford and Lukaku couldn't finish.

Two at Wolves. Poor in the cup and league. However Wolves have been a nightmare match up for pretty much all the top 6 this season especially at Molinuex.

To me the only disgraceful one was 4-0 at Everton. Again though Everton have played Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea at home before that game and conceded 0 goals so improved lots since February.

Of course it's a poor run especially for a club like them but just think a little context  is needed. If they were losing to teams like Newcastle, Cardiff and Brighton under him then yes he'd be very close to the sack just like Mourinho did.

• Like 2

He probably should never have been made permanent manager but has inherited a squad which really isn't that good. They have spent a lot but not bought well. They will find it pretty difficult to offload some of their players, particularly Sanzhez. A very poor signing. Is Rashford even that good. 10 goals is progress but a long distance from being in the league of Salah, Kane, Mane, Stirling, Aguero and even Vardy. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He probably should never have been made permanent manager but has inherited a squad which really isn't that good. They have spent a lot but not bought well. They will find it pretty difficult to offload some of their players, particularly Sanzhez. A very poor signing. Is Rashford even that good. 10 goals is progress but a long distance from being in the league of Salah, Kane, Mane, Stirling, Aguero and even Vardy. 

He's just fast, really not a good football player at all, shocking finisher as well.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's just fast, really not a good football player at all, shocking finisher as well.

What annoys me most is his free kicks.  He lines the up like Ronaldo and does **** all with them.  I think there is a player in there and if I were taking them over I'd expect more use out of him than Lukaku, who is a relic of Jose's past-it tactical approach.

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Is Rashford even that good. 10 goals is progress but a long distance from being in the league of Salah, Kane, Mane, Stirling, Aguero and even Vardy. 

I think picking on Rashford is harsh, he is a lot younger than some of them players and probably youngest player in United squad. Lot bigger issues than him, reminds me when some idiots having a go at Grealish during our relegation season

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think picking on Rashford is harsh, he is a lot younger than some of them players and probably youngest player in United squad. Lot bigger issues than him, reminds me when some idiots having a go at Grealish during our relegation season

Of course but the media make out like hes the next Ronaldo. He's a promising young player that's it

Â