Manchester United

BOF

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But why now?

Why not wait till the end of the season. They have just lost 2 games in a row, bubble seem to have burst.

What if they get knocked out of the cl and miss out of the top 4?

I can see another Di Matteo case and i don't see him lasting longer than next christmas.

He was loaned from Molde in Norway and their season starts now.

Was likely part of the agreement that they had to decide if they wanted to buy out his contract or not by this date.

They paid £7 m to sign him from Molde fwiw

Why are people hung up about "what if's"? 

The evidence we have, is that he's come into a club who were significantly underperforming, and made them win 13 on the bounce, and he's since had a couple of losses (it will always happen eventually).

He's done well, where others haven't - United could have waited longer, or waited until the summer, but then it's like? Could he get poached from another team?  Do you want him to feel wanted? 

I think Utd have done the right thing here. 

The big thing in Ogs favour is that he has also brought in terry Phelan. The guy was with Fergie for many years and is a very respected coach. 

What they need isn’t someone to arrange transfers for who he wanted, not just big name signings 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ronaldo I get, Solskjaer just a pretty good player, but fair enough.

I used to marvel at his ability to come off the bench and just score, but his finishing was on another level, or at least to 8-12 year old me. One of the most underrated imo.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

But why now?

Why not wait till the end of the season. They have just lost 2 games in a row, bubble seem to have burst.

What if they get knocked out of the cl and miss out of the top 4?

I can see another Di Matteo case and i don't see him lasting longer than next christmas.

That might also add slightly to why they've done it now. To try and show support, recreate the feel good factor of when he first joined and lift them over the line to make sure they get CL qualification. Doesn't work out long-term they can pay him off with the CL money and they need to qualify to get decent players in.

I think it's a great appointment by Man Utd, personally.  Someone who loves the club, has impressed short term and will have the respect of the dressing room.  What more could they ask for?

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Biggest mistake United made was keeping Mourinho on past summer. Pre-season he looked a broken man

He was never a good fit for the job anyway.  It seemed to me that for years he felt he was the true heir to Ferguson and perhaps he would change his behaviour, but no he did his best to drag Utd into the gutter like he did Real.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

He was never a good fit for the job anyway.  It seemed to me that for years he felt he was the true heir to Ferguson and perhaps he would change his behaviour, but no he did his best to drag Utd into the gutter like he did Real.

Mourinho is a good manager as long as you sack him after his 2nd season. Owners really need to do their research on him and know when to hire him and when to get rid of him.

1st season he usually build his team

2nd season he wins the league

3rd season everything falls apart

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Still early days, Mourinho finished 2nd last season. The luck has gone his way so far. 

Just saw the match stats from the game.

Christ.. he's luck never seem to end. Unlucky, unlucky Watford

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just saw the match stats from the game.

Christ.. he's luck never seem to end. Unlucky, unlucky Watford

You do know is only one crucial stat in football. You also reminded us many times it was only about results under Smith

Â