Manchester United

BOF

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I see Pogba has gone back to his previous form. Absolute dud 

He's one of the better midfielders in the world, when he want's to be.

Atm he and Raiola are pushing for a move to Real, so he has downed tools again.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also playing his best cb at right back is another rookie mistake, you just don't do that.

His best CB is out on loan. 

cwmCeHR.jpg

😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

He's one of the better midfielders in the world, when he want's to be.

Atm he and Raiola are pushing for a move to Real, so he has downed tools again.

I remember a time players pushed for a move by playing well

For me he is a chancer, give him no defensive responsibilities and he looks decent but he is a luxury player. Look at both Silvas, De Bruyne for City much better players and all put in a defensive shift. Pogba is a joke

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I remember a time players pushed for a move by playing well

For me he is a chancer, give him no defensive responsibilities and he looks decent but he is a luxury player. Look at both Silvas, De Bruyne for City much better players and all put in a defensive shift. Pogba is a joke

13 goals (granted a bunch of pens) and 9 assists in the league isn't half bad considering he's only been bothered to apply himself for about 12 games.

Definite attitude issues thou.

Genuinely think that they may get rid of OGS in the summer.

Their final 4 games aren't exactly fun. City, Chelsea, Huddersfield (ok this one is simple enough) & Cardiff on the final day who could be in with a chance of staying up.

If City smash them at old trafford on Wednesday someone will be looking through that contract for any way out of it

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This isn't football manager, that's not how football works.

2-3 players in and 2-3 players leaving is probably the most you can get in a window realistically.

I'd be very, very surprised if it's not at least double that both in and out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Mourinho said finishing 2nd with that Manchester United team is the biggest achievement in his coaching career, I'm starting to agree with him.

Perhaps he should have brought in better players with £300m + they gave him and maybe it wouldn’t have been such a hardship for him.

• Like 1

It did seem an odd time to give him the job.  I don't think he's the messiah people were going on about earlier nor is he as shit as he is being made out to be now, but you have to give him credit for keeping Utd in the hunt for top 4.  The problem is the transfer policy of the past few years and if they don't sort that out then it doesn't matter who is in charge.

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Perhaps he should have brought in better players with £300m + they gave him and maybe it wouldn’t have been such a hardship for him.

Mourinho spent the same amount of Everton - that's just the money in football now. £300m sounds a lot in that time, but that's Europa League spend in the PL. In the same timeframe Pep spent £550m, for reference.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Mourinho spent the same amount of Everton - that's just the money in football now. £300m sounds a lot in that time, but that's Europa League spend in the PL. In the same timeframe Pep spent £550m, for reference.

I actually think Man Utd spent closer to £400m, but I can’t be certain of the numbers.

My point is José saying “yeah but come on - look at these players...and I still got second place, aren’t I great?” doesn’t wash with me. A lot of them are his players. If he doesn’t rate them, then he shouldn’t have brought them in.

Edit - also add to this he inherited de gea, bought zlatan for free, Sanchez relatively cheaply, that’s going to have reduced the potential spending...Everton or other europa league contenders don’t often have players of that quality in their squad.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

This isn't football manager, that's not how football works.

2-3 players in and 2-3 players leaving is probably the most you can get in a window realistically.

Didn't you say Smith didn't sign enough in January and brought 6 or 7 into squad 🙄

Â