Manchester United

BOF

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's a massively glorified Mario Balotelli.

In the VT section of the site, we're bemoaning wasting money on Nyland.  They spent £90m on this whopper.

You could put Nyland, Richards, Lescott, Bacuna, Lansbury, Hogan, Westwood and Hutton. 

Be a quarter of what they paid for Pogba. Quarter might be generous. Maybe a 1/10th. Guy is an embarrassment 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Said this in January. I must admit there was a little while there when I thought I was wrong.

But now it seems pretty accurate again.

I honestly don't think it's the managers fault as they've gone down the proven route with LVG and Mourinho who also produced very mediocre football and results.

Most of their squad is far too comfortable. They could get rid this summer of Valencia, Darmian, Young, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Matic, Alexis and Fred and not miss any of them. Then you come to players like Matic and Herrera who can still do good jobs but are coming up to 30 so again probably had the best of them. Then you come to the Pogba circus....

They need a real overhaul and freshness to their squad. Can see why they're targeting guys like Jaydon Sancho and Wan-Bissaka from Palace, need a zip to their play again like Liverpool have redeveloped over last 18 months.

Edit: Pogba actually hit a brilliant 60 yard ball to set up Rashford at 1-0 but he's also shown even in good form he's not a central midfield who can be dominant in games like Keane and Scholes.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I honestly don't think it's the managers fault as they've gone down the proven route with LVG and Mourinho who also produced very mediocre football and results.

Most of their squad is far too comfortable. They could get rid this summer of Valencia, Darmian, Young, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Matic, Alexis and Fred and not miss any of them. Then you come to players like Matic and Herrera who can still do good jobs but are coming up to 30 so again probably had the best of them. Then you come to the Pogba circus....

They need a real overhaul and freshness to their squad. Can see why they're targeting guys like Jaydon Sancho and Wan-Bissaka from Palace, need a zip to their play again like Liverpool have redeveloped over last 18 months.

Edit: Pogba actually hit a brilliant 60 yard ball to set up Rashford at 1-0 but he's also shown even in good form he's not a central midfield who can be dominant in games like Keane and Scholes.

Agree with most of this, club has been ran like a sunday league team since Fergie retired and Gill left. Too many donkeys 

As for Pogba as said earlier he is a donkey, little bit of good form and he thinks he is Maradona. Nowhere near as good as he thinks and be shocked if Barca or Real come for him 

Woukd take a midfield of Whelans over a team of Pogbas

De Gea ws pretty shocking yesterday, an 'elite' keeper ought to be saving their second and third goals. I do wonder about him, he has been a 'great' keeper for the past few years but every now and then top keepers turn the wrong sort of corner and never recover. He had an awful world cup, barely making a save, and has had a pretty poor season, shipping the sorts of goals you wouldn't expect him to. I wonder if he's on a permanent downward trajectory.

41 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

De Gea ws pretty shocking yesterday, an 'elite' keeper ought to be saving their second and third goals. I do wonder about him, he has been a 'great' keeper for the past few years but every now and then top keepers turn the wrong sort of corner and never recover. He had an awful world cup, barely making a save, and has had a pretty poor season, shipping the sorts of goals you wouldn't expect him to. I wonder if he's on a permanent downward trajectory.

It does seem like keepers find it hard to recover. Lloris hasn't been right for a while now, Cech was pretty terrible once he started to slide. Casillas became comically bad it was tough to watch -- and none of them were close to "old", certainly not for a keeper, when this happened to them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Agree with most of this, club has been ran like a sunday league team since Fergie retired and Gill left. Too many donkeys 

Its been run by a money man who was shit hot at what he does but fancied a chance to put the big boy pants on and have a dabble with the footballing side too, pretty much like what we suffered

Woodward either has to go or accept what his talents are (and he does have some)

Maybe somewhat ironic that utd pushed with FFP to save their stature from city and inadvertently chasing the ££ has been their undoing 

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Mou did say getting 2nd with that squad was his greatest achievement. Maybe he was right... :) Love it.

It was pretty impressive.

Right decision to sack him though it usually goes downhill for Mourinho teams after the 2nd season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

It does seem like keepers find it hard to recover. Lloris hasn't been right for a while now, Cech was pretty terrible once he started to slide. Casillas became comically bad it was tough to watch -- and none of them were close to "old", certainly not for a keeper, when this happened to them.

While not on the same level obviously, Guzan was pretty solid for us until that howler at Man City.

Pogba is an incredible talent. The issue is one that I agree with though, he has too many days when he wants to play in 2nd gear and when the going gets tough he fades out. 

He can do anything, he can be anything. He can play but has all the physical attributes to ruin teams....when he decides to use them.

• Like 2

Look at who is around him or was, fellaini has been shipped out, rightly or wrongly it's looking like Herrera and Mata will leave on frees this summer, matic whenever I've seen him has been shockingly poor (if you want to point the "lazy player" finger you would start with him) fred has been a disaster, mctominay is young and from what I've seen not at that level

Not sure why pogba gets the shitty end of the stick, he's comfortably their best midfielder 

And that's before you then start looking at the smalling and Jones comedy show, Ashley young deciding he's got a new contract and can't actually play wing back, lukaku being nowhere near good enough for that level and Sanchez retiring and not telling anyone

Utd have so many problems that aren't called Paul Pogba 

It might be time to start selling the yellow and green scarves around London again 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I disagree, United biggest problem is Pogba. obviously he has talent but he is a prick who plays when he wants and its disgusting. You can play with the shittest players in the world but it doesn't stop you from working hard.

No surprise United most disciplined performance in recent weeks in Paris he was suspended

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The hyperbole is getting out of control. He is far and away their best player. He was a world cup winning side's best player. 13 goals and 9 assists from midfield this season, pretty much double the next highest midfielder in the Premier League. But you would think he was **** Yacouba Sylla the way some of you go on.

The stats are only one side of the coin, the other side is a player who doesn't dominate enough and lacks leadership on the football pitch. He's no Roy Keane or Patrick Vieira.

BBC just showed stats that manure has covers less ground than their opponents in 15 of their last 17 games.

Against Everton they ran 8 kilometers less than their opponents, against spurs it was 10 kilometers less.

Their problems run much deeper than Pogba and his fancy hair. The whole squad apart from Linderoth pretty much has attitude issues and or quality issues.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Look at who is around him or was, fellaini has been shipped out, rightly or wrongly it's looking like Herrera and Mata will leave on frees this summer, matic whenever I've seen him has been shockingly poor (if you want to point the "lazy player" finger you would start with him) fred has been a disaster, mctominay is young and from what I've seen not at that level

Not sure why pogba gets the shitty end of the stick, he's comfortably their best midfielder 

And that's before you then start looking at the smalling and Jones comedy show, Ashley young deciding he's got a new contract and can't actually play wing back, lukaku being nowhere near good enough for that level and Sanchez retiring and not telling anyone

Utd have so many problems that aren't called Paul Pogba 

It might be time to start selling the yellow and green scarves around London again 

Pogba is the exact kind of football that a not insignificant portion of football fans and media dislike.

If he looked like Harry Kane everyone would love him.

Edited by Stevo985

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Pogba is the exact kind of football that a not insignificant portion of football fans and media dislike.

Pogba isn't man united's biggest problem. He is however part of the team that's struggling so he is a part of the problem. Regardless of whether that's his sporting ability, footballing brain, commitment, approach, attitude or whatever else might it might be. 

I think that accusing people of racist attitudes is a bit out of place based on a critique of a player that has played a part in 6 losses out of the last 8 games.

And trust me, I don't like Harry Kane that much. 

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know what you mean but at the same time don't think its just looks like, I think there is also an older generation of football fans and media that just don't get him and understand a) what he does on the pitch and b) definitely what he does off it

trying to explain to some of the old boys at work the significance of Pogba's 48.5m followers across the 3 main social media platforms compared to Kanes 12.4m would be a non starter 

and I would throw in that I know a fair few and on social media have seen a hell of a lot more people that judge grealish purely on his hair and shin pads...Pogba will be the same, people see the hair cuts and dabs and ignore the rest, their mind is already made up that he's a dick which nearly automatically means that he's either shit or lazy so of course he's a bad egg making utd shit and lazy

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

Â